The Rinth Wants You!

Started by morrigan, November 30, 2007, 10:38:03 AM

From what I hear of gypsies the rinth is the exact place for them. Blood and drugs and garbage all around :).

Seriously, the rinth is ON FIRE now, come and enjoy the carnage with us.

Well.. Not literally on fire... But seriously, lots of people are there. You -want- to play in the wicked shadows the alleys hold.

God I love this game. Join the 'rinth!!!! You won't regret it.

The 'rinth has stuff, and people doing that stuff. Very active now.

JOIN IF YOU DARE!  :o

I must be doing it wrong. :-[
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes.
- John Dee, Preludes & Nocturns

I honestly thought that same thing.. Because for some reason I couldn't get NPC's to stop attacking me. Then all of the sudden they just stopped. After not making any changes on my part (I think). Had me really angry too.

The trick, Silverfaune. To keep a lasting character in the 'rinth. Is to special app an uber amazing warrior with even better sneaking skills, then never act like you're anything special.

:)

Really though, just keep trying. If it's PC's that are ganking you, you should probably change up your style a bit. The 'Rinth isn't all about super sneaky players who delve into the darker aspects of the game. Try making a spice addict, just trying to get another fix. Make a character with some serious flaws, because that is what the 'Rinth is all about. Roll up a merchant that doesn't sell illegal things, or fence illegal items. Please, God, make a pick-pocket that just tries to get by. The 'rinth needs those. There really is no limit to what you can do. Just make sure you reflect, and interact with your environment well.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 11, 2008, 11:59:49 PM
I honestly thought that same thing.. Because for some reason I couldn't get NPC's to stop attacking me. Then all of the sudden they just stopped. After not making any changes on my part (I think). Had me really angry too.

The trick, Silverfaune. To keep a lasting character in the 'rinth. Is to special app an uber amazing warrior with even better sneaking skills, then never act like you're anything special.

:)

Really though, just keep trying. If it's PC's that are ganking you, you should probably change up your style a bit. The 'Rinth isn't all about super sneaky players who delve into the darker aspects of the game. Try making a spice addict, just trying to get another fix. Make a character with some serious flaws, because that is what the 'Rinth is all about. Roll up a merchant that doesn't sell illegal things, or fence illegal items. Please, God, make a pick-pocket that just tries to get by. The 'rinth needs those. There really is no limit to what you can do. Just make sure you reflect, and interact with your environment well.

Actually I'm not dead.. yet... this time...
Just having a hard time finding the aforementioned flaming action going on.  ;)
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes.
- John Dee, Preludes & Nocturns

Oh. :) People are about, I can assure you. Just stick through and stuff will start happening like crazy. When it starts it really picks up momentum.

Dude, everytime i have been in the Rinth I meet some really amazing people. Whether they be head honchos or snivelling little beotches. I seriously think this is the best part of Zalanthas and I really want it to be more popular than it is.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

The 'Rinth wants everyone.  >:( (that's the nearest I could find to a devil face, imagine horns on it)
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

When / If I make my way back to the 'rinth, you are all fucked.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on April 14, 2008, 02:26:08 PM
When / If I make my way back to the 'rinth, you are all fucked.

We weren't last time! Well. Someone was. Lol.

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I'm not afraid one bit....*runs down the alley into a blockaded building*....not afraid at all. :p
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

Guys!

I got a great idea on how to get more players in the Rinth.  Let's find all the 1st day characters we can and backstab them with our twinked up skills.  Note: it's important that we don't treat NPCs the same way, because staff might get angry.  Let's only backstab PCs!

Good idea, right?

Quote from: number13 on April 16, 2008, 01:22:44 PM
Guys!

I got a great idea on how to get more players in the Rinth.  Let's find all the 1st day characters we can and backstab them with our twinked up skills.  Note: it's important that we don't treat NPCs the same way, because staff might get angry.  Let's only backstab PCs!

Good idea, right?

Bwahah. Go you.

Guys!

Good idea, right?

It would be sad, if it wasn't true 80% of the time.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Guys!

Good idea, right?

That kinda sucks and I feel for you. The 'Rinth -is- a dangerous place and you should make an effort to keep out of the way of dangerous people, especially if you are weak. But it saddens me that 'Rinthers are preying on new characters for the sole reason that it might make your own RP experience in the 'Rinth a lot more interesting if you let them live for a while as you don't get as many players there as other places. There are alternatives for backstabbing newbs for their start coin that would be far more enojoyable for both parties involved, why can't you mug them? Hold them up? Torture them? Make them your bitch?

Guys!

Good idea, right?

And here I thought you were talking about killing all southsiders until they moved north.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

For all the talk of non lethal punishment on the boards, players are very eager to react with a weapon in many situation that could be solved otherwise very easily. Yeah, I know the talk: "Respect their IC reasons", but still many are too trigger happy, so to speak. I'd like to thank people who tortured and beat me, strange as it may sound.

Quote from: spicemustflow on April 17, 2008, 10:06:25 AM
For all the talk of non lethal punishment on the boards, players are very eager to react with a weapon in many situation that could be solved otherwise very easily. Yeah, I know the talk: "Respect their IC reasons", but still many are too trigger happy, so to speak. I'd like to thank people who tortured and beat me, strange as it may sound.

Doesn't sound strange at all or ... maybe I'm just a bit sick in the head.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

That was one of the things that I hated about the 'Rinth a year ago, because I lost 5 straight pcs at the two hour mark to the same PC's, but it has sorta died down now.
staff member sends:
     "No problem. We'll just eat your brainz later

Actually I think that behavior goes beyond the rinth.

I guess I've been lucky and not experienced any "lets kill newbies for fun" type PCs ... ... all the dicks must live down south  ::)
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Huh.. I just never made myself look like a newbie, I guess. I've -never- had a problem with getting killed by other PC's for no reason. You are doing something wrong.