The Rinth Wants You!

Started by morrigan, November 30, 2007, 10:38:03 AM

The real deal....

Pound for pound - the Labyrinth is one of the best locations to play on Arm.
Its got its own culture, rules, layout, atmosphere and way of life. The level of RP in the rinth is superb, at most given times, and the social dynamics are very interesting and intriguing as well. The Staff members who have run the rinthi clans (currently and in the past) do an absolutely superb job!

If you havent had a chance to play a rinther before - I would definitely recommend trying it out before Arm 1.0 ends.

I've played many PCs of various races and guilds in the rinth, and I still keep going back for more!
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Don't worry next character, I'll be there, my ideas are already over-flowing. :D Just as long as you flea bags don't kill me.....and I'm talking to all of you.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

Yeah, I was playing there yesterday but then some asshole just ran up and attacked me without so much as a word. So i said fuck this and left. Kinda hard to wanna play in the rinth when you guys have pcs like that.
Quote from: Tarx on April 13, 2008, 11:43:02 PM
The longer a PC lives, the more likely they will die to something stupid.

-ginka's law

That could very well have been an NPC. They -will- take you out for going in the wrong area, wearing the wrong thing, or, possibly, for no real reason whatsoever.

Ah, well in that case, I guess I'll give it a second try...just assumed it was a PC since they had the logic to follow me and look at me.
Quote from: Tarx on April 13, 2008, 11:43:02 PM
The longer a PC lives, the more likely they will die to something stupid.

-ginka's law

The rinth is indeed full of bloodthirsty assholes.

So is Allanak.

And the tablelands.

And Tuluk is the worst of all.

;)
QuoteThe shopkeeper says, in sirihish:
     "I am closed, come back at dawn."

You say to the shopkeeper, in sirihish:
     "YOU ^*%$*% WORTHLESS SHIT."

You say, in sirihish:
      "Ahem."

Yeah, damn hippy NPC's and their hair-trigger attacks.  ;D  Unless, of course you ran into the wrong set of PC's and irritated them at a previous time (and they tracked you down), that sounds like an NPC glomp...which is far more common!
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

As the number of times you perform an action liable to anger someone in the 'rinth increases, the probability of that action being seen by someone who will be angered by it approaches unity.

Pair this law with the observation that most characters in the 'rinth have the ability to remain silently hidden, and you have a recipe for sudden deaths that seem unjustified.

Why?  Because not only does the advantage of the attacker lie in being hidden, the advantage of the victim lies in being able to instantly flee and become well-nigh invisible via hiding.  This means that if you're going to shank someone, you have to do it so that a) they never see it coming and b) it's so fast that escape is impossible.

That's just the nature of the beast, unfortunately.

Simple solution?  Don't piss people off.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Wow, Synth nailed it.  That was beautiful.

Also, although it may have nothing to do with this situation; if someone confronts you and you insta-flee without interaction, you just let them know what kind of tactics they need to use next time.

I hate insta-fleeing with all the marrow of my crooked bones.  We need a chase command, beyond just making sense it would create some -intense- scenes.

I have never had the problem of some PC just igoing off and attacking me without reason. The playerbase in the Rinth is very mature (usually).

I, myself, never -EVER- just go off and attack a PC without good cause. I love rping scaring someone or creating a haunting scene that the person will look back on a few years from now and go "Damn that was the craziest scene ever". I have had those kind of scenes happen to me in the Rinth and let me tell you I still have them logged to look over from time to time.

It all comes down to whats the coolest way to handle it, i understand if you're putting a hit on someone and you backstab then kill...but how about turning mercy on at the last moment when you know you're gonna win and rp a death scene telling the victim what they have done.....just an idea.

Other than that, i have never really had troubles with NPC's that weren't caused by my own a)greed b)stupidity c)thinking I was a badass when I wasn't

I'd like to chime in here...

Though it often doesn't do much for your survivability, pissing people off is like half the fun of playing a 'Rinther! That doesn't mean you go around backstabbing random people or anything...

But anyway, I've found that if you play it right, fearing for your life and knowing you've stepped on a few toes is pretty damn fun. You just have to be ready for that fun to suddenly end.  ;D
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

If anybody ever gets any sweet family roles they want filled for in the Rinth and want to create an awesome environment for your fellow players just PM me. I have a passion for the Rinth beyond imagining.  ;D

I just wanna sneak in and say: The Rinth is always full of crazytimes and who knows, there might just be a buttload of crazy around the corner.
War is not about who is right, but who is left
Quote from: BebopWhy is my butt always sore when I wake up?  :cry:

the rinth sucks. don't play there. the rinth is for LOOOOOSERRRRRSSSSSSSSSSS.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Kickback to few posts back - about PC's mobbing people.

In the 'rinth everyone looks the same and sometimes during those jacked-up knife fights and alley chases you don't watch your keywords like you should.  I've done it before, it's balls because someone gets ripped off because you were nervous but I suppose it's not all together unrealistic as well, especially when people are in a panic IC.

Dude.  I'm there and I'm loving it.  Others should come and play with me.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

My first non-Rinther character is living far longer than I expected! I'll be back eventually, I promise!

;)

The Labyrinth is fun... I just might app a character there sometime...

I'm slooooooowly hobbling over  ;D i'll get there eventually, hopefully die trying.
War is not about who is right, but who is left
Quote from: BebopWhy is my butt always sore when I wake up?  :cry:

Sadly I've gotten attached to my current character, but man when I get my chance to play here again, the blood of many will cover the alleys.

More rinthers! I still can't find any of you.  >:(

None that matter, at least.

Quote from: Akaramu on April 01, 2008, 02:25:09 PM
More rinthers! I still can't find any of you.  >:(

None that matter, at least.

Um, aren't you a gypsy?

I've a premonition that there will be a few more...

Off-Peak for the win!
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Maybe the gypsy wants to add new flavors to her mudsexing experience?  :-[

There is nothing like stealing babies of... rinthers. The rinth, the secret super genepool of Zalanthas.

If any staff members ask, I did not tell you this. It is slightly IC!