The Rinth Wants You!

Started by morrigan, November 30, 2007, 10:38:03 AM

How about a little blurb reminder like, "And remember, if people are dressing funny, they're probably doing it for a reason."

I'm seeing a lot of dead Rinthi PCs.  So some advice:

1: If you have a deep dark secret that might unsettle others, maybe try keeping it deep and dark and secret.
2: Make sure you keep 'nosave arrest' in the 'on' position. This goes double if you are experimenting with doing naughty things southside.
3: Even the apparently wimpy rinthi NPCs can and will kill your character if he or she is carrying around nice stuff.  You might be amazed at what a rinthi considers 'nice'.
4: Keep trying. The ever present danger is half the fun in the Rinth -- it can take a few characters before you get the hang of it. And even then, no one is really safe!

Kudos to those of you who are still hanging in.  This is starting to turn into a really fun tour of duty in ye old Labyrinth -- the plot is getting thicker!

The Rinth is rocking, whether it's your first time or your a seasoned veteran, come join the fun and play a dirty, flea-butten Rinth-walker. (Limited Time offer)...please void where prohibited...
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

Quote from: titansfan on January 14, 2008, 10:20:51 PM
The Rinth is rocking, whether it's your first time or your a seasoned veteran, come join the fun and play a dirty, flea-butten Rinth-walker. (Limited Time offer)...please void where prohibited...

Seconded and fully endorsed by me, personally.

Burglars and pickpockets would be nice....

Quote from: Qzzrbl on January 15, 2008, 07:46:20 PM

Funniest thing ever.

Quote from: Troicha on January 15, 2008, 07:49:35 PM
Quote from: Qzzrbl on January 15, 2008, 07:46:20 PM

Funniest thing ever.

And sadly true.... We don't need anymore warriors, or rangers. Seriously people.

I heartily endorse the 'Rinth for some gritty and awesome RP. My only hint to new 'Rinthers is do not get attached to your character and never go afk in an alley.

Quote from: Vessol on January 15, 2008, 10:03:24 PM
I heartily endorse the 'Rinth for some gritty and awesome RP. My only hint to new 'Rinthers is do not get attached to your character and never go afk in an alley.

I agree, Never, EVER go afk in the alleys.. Bad idea, I'd say go southside or even save/quit out if your gotta go afk for a few minutes. Also Rinth was always fun for me.. So give it a try if you've never played in it!
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Moved several posts here to moderation.  Please read the forum rules and adhere to them before posting.  Play nice, and keep IC things IC.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

The figure in a dark, hooded cloak is here, bumping the topic.

Having some good fun up in the alleys, but we could always use some more players! Got some fun plots rolling along... but you may need to dig a bit for 'em. Well -I'm- having a great time, anyway, and I want to share the pain with others! So roll up that 'Rinth Rat already and dig in!
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

My next character might be one.  Though my current one has been zooming along for awhile now.  The rinth sounds like it would be BADASS if it was active.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

I adore the Rinth. There is something about combing the alleys for junk to sell in order to buy a sack of flour. I'm just wondering how active it is at the moment. Last time I played it it seemed that the player base has dropped off dramatically. Never mind, my next char will be unfortunate enough to he born there regardless.

At first, I wasn't a fan of this topic. But then I forgot how awesome the 'rinth can be. So. C'mon. If you're inbetween characters or just looking for some rag tag badassery, come to the 'rinth. Plz? k thx bai  :-*
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I think I'm finally starting to get it that the Rinth isn't a nice place. To put it mildly. And I don't mean NPCs. I like :)

Anybody knows who is the imm responsible for the rinth? I'd like to ask about starting as a member of one of the coded tribes.

Quote from: spicemustflow on February 13, 2008, 01:01:55 PM
Anybody knows who is the imm responsible for the rinth? I'd like to ask about starting as a member of one of the coded tribes.

This must be done through IC means, spicemustflow. Unless you're special apping a character, which can be done through the submit a request tool at www.armageddon.org

Nechomacus and Qetesh are the immortals of the Guild.
Bhagharva and Nechomacus are the immortals of the unclanned.

Take your pick, I guess.

Quote from: Rhyden on February 13, 2008, 07:22:50 PM

This must be done through IC means, spicemustflow. Unless you're special apping a character, which can be done through the submit a request tool at www.armageddon.org

Take your pick, I guess.

You can't join a tribe IC.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Yes, in this instance, I would email in. It is like having a coded tribe, but part of your background. I don't see problems asking or requsting it be in your background, (Correct me if I am wrong).
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Eh''' I've had about 50 + rinthers and I've never gotten passed 3days 23hours playing time. It's so frustrating to me sometimes, but it's probably the funnest place I've ever played I just wish I had enough time to make some good friends up there before someone gets mad at me and decideds i'm better dead than alive. Oh,.. and It took awhile to figure out the rinth probably at least 15 characters.
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

Quote from: Mood on February 13, 2008, 10:14:32 PM
Quote from: Rhyden on February 13, 2008, 07:22:50 PM

Take your pick, I guess.

You can't join a tribe IC.

That's why I said special app. I thought he meant join a rinth-related organization or something.

I honestly -LOVE- the Rinth. It's given me the best rp experiences of anywhere except maybe with a certain d-elf tribe. But the rinth is great because it's dark, mysterious and always heart pounding. The action's intense, I have always wanted to make something really cool in there. Maybe next character :P

Bumping this. I really want to see the Rinth come to life and spawn some awesome PC characters. When you get some good leaders in there it's an amazing environment to play in.
Heck! Even without any leaders it's awesome...silly me :p

I Support Dirty Rinthers. :d

More rinthers!

You bastards are never around when I need one of you.  >:(

Yes, you can join a tribe IC.

Find out IC.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.