Re: Support

Started by staggerlee, November 25, 2007, 09:53:50 PM

If it was coded so that PC-run clans could have access to similar benefits that staff-overseen clans have, that would be great.

Some coded benefits I'd like to see for PC-run clans:

1. Clan Ranks. Creator could "recruit" people, and "promote" them. At the very least, I would like to see 2 ranks besides the Creator: a Recruit, who would benefit from access to clan-rented apartments/buildings, and a "Secondary" who would also have bank access.

2. Shareable bank accounts.

3. Warehouse districts where PC-run clans could rent large spaces for long term (more than 2 RL weeks, probably closer to 2 RL months). These spaces might consist of 3 rooms: one sparring area, one hall so sparrers would have a place to "flee" to, and a bunk/storage room.

4. The ability to buy NPC guard-slaves or rent-a-cops for security at their rented warehouse spaces. These would not be personal guards who could follow leaders around. They would be strictly "gate guard" types, who would recognize fellow clan members and allow them access, while providing additional security against intruders besides locks on the doors.

5. The ability for PC clan leaders to buy vehicles for transportation (if such things exist in the game), and at least one guard-slave or rent-a-cop or trained, armed driver NPC to seriously deter (but not necessarily prevent) theft of the vehicle.

6. Why is this thread in general? It's a great thread for Arm Reborn!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I think a lot of this depends on the type of clan.

If you're running a 10-person mercenary unit called "Amos's Mercs" and you die, then probably "Amos's Mercs" should cease to exist.  Of course, that also means your second in command, Malik, can then pick up where you left off with "Malik's Mercs".

When it comes to power, I think you guys should start to think differently about in-game organizations.  I don't think that any players will successfully create clans that both mimic the power of current GMH's, for example, and also last.

If you want to build power in the new game it's probably going to be through alliances of smaller groups.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

What if instead of IMMs running leadership NPCs, they run high-ranking aides?  That way IMMs are still able to fleshout and help establish guidlines in the clans, but PCs can still acheve higher ranks and make the final decisions.

"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Quote from: My 2 sids on December 22, 2007, 04:40:18 AM
What if instead of IMMs running leadership NPCs, they run high-ranking aides?  That way IMMs are still able to fleshout and help establish guidlines in the clans, but PCs can still acheve higher ranks and make the final decisions.

You're forcing an immortal to run a character that 'helps' a PC Leader.

When immortals run characters, they are allowed to have 'favorites' and they are allowed to 'hate' people - Because their characters have their own personalities.  Immortal Avatars or Characters shouldn't have to sacrifice roleplay in order to run their own characters.  That's not really the point.

Immortal characters should have the freedom to do anything that they want - just like player characters.

That being said - if an Immortal is running a character who has influence, they will naturally have characters in their clan that they enjoy playing with, and characters in their clan that they do not enjoy playing with.

I want to eliminate that from a player perspective.   It's incredible hard thing to do - because we are all human and we all like to like things, and the things we enjoy we want to produce more of.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I guess I'm confused then.  You don't want to have any NPCs in a clan Mansa?
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Quote from: My 2 sids on December 22, 2007, 05:55:35 PM
I guess I'm confused then.  You don't want to have any NPCs in a clan Mansa?

Clan Administration is very tough, and I don't have the final answer.  I have aspects that I want and aspects that I don't want.  I want the ability for anybody to do anything within reason - inside the game.

I want people to be able to set up a clan that will last for 2 generations, and on the 3rd generation it gets wiped out by a rival clan.

Clans require a lot of work to set up - from the immortal point of view.  We should be able to make this easier with a room / item / npc creation tool that would make players easily create content for the game.  That would allow a lot of change and variability inside the world itself.  If you just had people who 'accepted' the items, you eliminate a lot of backlog and allow a lot more creativity to flow from the players themselves.

However - to enforce the realistic reality of Zalanthas in regards to politics and clan representation in society - that's a tricky subject, because there's so many ways you can do it, and so many ways to get it wrong.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one