backstabbing

Started by assassin, April 11, 2003, 05:03:31 AM

If you sneak in a room and you do an action and they see you will it make youre backstab less likly?
or doesnt it matter whether they know youre in the room or not codewise to affect backstabbing?

Oh and do you have to hide then backstab?

Sneaking from room to room does not make you invisible, it only makes people not notice you entering. If you want to be invisible you would have to hide in every new room you entered, I think.

I am guessing here, but I would think that whether someone takes note of you entering a room does not affect your success with backstab. On the other hand, if you are acting crazy and waving a bloody dagger around, I don't think I would consider that very stealthy. More important to your success/failure might be the presence of witnesses.

No, you do not have to hide before backstabbing. It might help though, who knows.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Once your sneak and hide skill gets good enough, you can sneak and hide, then move as you wish. After a while, you will become unhidden, but as you get better and better, you will stay hidden longer.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Hide works realistically, you look for a place to hide in that room then you crouch down behind a pile of debris or something.  Either someone sees you or they dont, either you successfully hide and they have the scan skill or you failed and they can see your head poking out.  You can't hide, move to another room and still be hidden, the only way for this to happen is to hide, and then shadow a PC, this way you stay hidden because you are shadowing someone, if you want to stay hidden you have to sneak, then type hide again.

Taken directly from the skill_backstab helpfile:

QuoteYour character does not necessarily need to be hidden for him/her to  attempt a backstab.

There you have it.
Tlaloc
Legend

Shadowing a skill or just a command you can use?

Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.