Dropping link in jail

Started by Ender, October 18, 2007, 03:01:48 PM

This is why if the jails were more of an open holding cell on Meleths they would fucking rock. Give people the chance to jeer and shout and make fun of them. Have a rotten-petoch seller nearby.

IC reason being the soldiers drop criminals off so that a Templars can come by and sort out what the sentencing will be. Depending on that they then take them to the real dungeons for interrogation or whatever else.

Bonus added benefit of moving the jail closer to the criminals.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 06, 2015, 06:03:57 PM
This is why if the jails were more of an open holding cell on Meleths they would fucking rock. Give people the chance to jeer and shout and make fun of them. Have a rotten-petoch seller nearby.

IC reason being the soldiers drop criminals off so that a Templars can come by and sort out what the sentencing will be. Depending on that they then take them to the real dungeons for interrogation or whatever else.

I'm... really behind this idea. Allanak is definitely public scrutiny and humiliation in an outward manner. It would give burglars/lock pickers the opportunity to try and "break" people out of the jails, etc.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on December 06, 2015, 08:09:44 PM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 06, 2015, 06:03:57 PM

I'm... really behind this idea. Allanak is definitely public scrutiny and humiliation in an outward manner. It would give burglars/lock pickers the opportunity to try and "break" people out of the jails, etc.
Blech, public scrutiny should be good, but it'd be a shit system if you could get 'broken out' in that manner, when some exist already, through coercion, bribery, corruption or magick.

No thats fair, I just thought it an interesting idea. Public Scrutiny is still a great thing, if you could "look cage" and "look 2.cage" or something.

Yeah it is less effective, but the RP opportunities!
Backstab is actually the only dialog option an assassin has.

Quote from: Jihelu on December 06, 2015, 05:30:43 PM
Quote from: Riev on December 06, 2015, 05:29:01 PM
Quote from: Jihelu on December 06, 2015, 05:08:39 PM
Bring enough supplies to craft weapons, poison, and possibly magickal shit (bonus if you are a rogue)
Cast mon fireball whenever the door opens.
LOADS OF FUN!

Some day, I want to have materials for some supra-awesome knife, on an assassin character with knife making who just outright obliterates the Templar's guard as soon as they walk in. I mean I'd die soon after, if I didn't get INSTANTLY offered a job.
[/quote

The hell are you talking about?
You'll kill both of them before they can react silly.
>Enter cell

The commically tall templar and guard walk in.

Templar says "Where did that prisoner go"

Backstab guard
Backstab templar

Steal key, walk out. Ez.

In my experience, attempting to hide in the pitch black cell, alone, brings in the light brigade, charging.  >:(

One time I got thrown in jail, like at the worse time.

I had to pee really bad.

So I went to the little muggers room and forgot to use "gone'. 

To be honest I got side track during that little 12am adventure and when I Got back to the keyboard I had a whole two pages worth of a templar insulting and questioning me before they gave up.

Sorry about that.

I tried to contact templar back, but they had logged off.

Logged back on a later time, got tortured and exiled.  10 out of 10.

Quote from: Riev on December 06, 2015, 05:35:40 PM

Find out IC. ;)

Though, related to the topic... so few people end up in jail. Seriously. And there isn't always a PC on to interact (at least in Allanak, non-Templars can interact and talk to you, which is a plus).

Getting jailed is much more of an ooc inconvenience than anything, but I'll be damned if my super-hungry PC didn't fail-steal on someone just to go to jail and get free handouts.

I disagree. Even if there isn't a Templar around, it still helps RP. There is a log of your arrest, templars read this log. So while sure, as the thief it is boring to sit there for so long. But it has, on many occasions, brought me the thief, more rp.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

December 25, 2015, 09:25:13 PM #33 Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 07:14:16 AM by Erythil
Quote from: Fredd on December 25, 2015, 04:15:26 PM
Quote from: Riev on December 06, 2015, 05:35:40 PM

Find out IC. ;)

Though, related to the topic... so few people end up in jail. Seriously. And there isn't always a PC on to interact (at least in Allanak, non-Templars can interact and talk to you, which is a plus).

Getting jailed is much more of an ooc inconvenience than anything, but I'll be damned if my super-hungry PC didn't fail-steal on someone just to go to jail and get free handouts.

I disagree. Even if there isn't a Templar around, it still helps RP. There is a log of your arrest, templars read this log. So while sure, as the thief it is boring to sit there for so long. But it has, on many occasions, brought me the thief, more rp.

Are you certain such a log actually exists?  I'm fairly certain one does not.

There is no log. Just a message at the time of jailing.