Started by swordmaster, April 07, 2003, 04:28:08 AM

what do you think of an aid skill?

yes
1 (25%)
maby
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: April 07, 2003, 04:28:08 AM

I was wondering if there could be an aid skill if another person crumbles to the ground that you can aid them from -# to 1 what do you think?
et the sword be youre guide let you guide the sword.

Quote from: "swordmaster"I was wondering if there could be an aid skill if another person crumbles to the ground that you can aid them from -# to 1 what do you think?
you forgot no  :P

I don't see how, unless you are a magicker you could explain doing that.

Oh, Recruit Bob almost died but then I gave him some of my life force, now everything is alright...?

I don't think so.

Quote from: "Kankman"I don't see how, unless you are a magicker you could explain doing that.

Oh, Recruit Bob almost died but then I gave him some of my life force, now everything is alright...?

I don't think so.
no it has nothing to do with giving lifeforce you aid them you could emote bandaging them or something and it wont be alright you just made his health not -so he has a better chance of recovering.
et the sword be youre guide let you guide the sword.

You mean... The banage skill which already exists?

Quote from: "Anonymous"You mean... The banage skill which already exists?
dose bandaging make you from -3 to 1?

If you don't tear the wound even further apart, yeh.

Which, by the way, makes no sence whatsoever. In RW application, sure, let's say that it does. But in the game? It really sucks when you are trying to save someone's life and you wound them for 10 hp...killing them.

I mean, seriously, isn't that just a tad odd?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I don't think you can kill someone by bandaging them.  In my attempts at bandaging I've never done more than 12 points of damage, and by the time I was within 12 points of death the code wouldn't let me bandage myself anyway.  Has anyone actually seen someone directly killed by bandaging?  

Anyway, an expert bandager may be able to help more seriously wounded people, but I've never seen anything but magick or time help a person who was passed out from negative hit points.  I believe the only thing you can do for them is to get them into a safe indoor environment, then their natural healing may allow them to recover back to +1, or they might die, it's a toss up.  I've healed from negative hps without assistance before.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Yeah, what everyone else said. Bandaging skill, and you forgot the NO option. ;)