Players In The World, Other Than Yourself

Started by Yokunama, September 24, 2007, 12:06:06 AM

Wow!

Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 71 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

I think we made some improvements somewhere or another.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

I've seen that...there have been between 40 and 50 odd people on my mid-peak times...even if I can't find 'em all (damn hiders...).

Great to see people around though!  :D
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

I've also noticed a rise in "Towering muscular men" asking my character (using just the 'say' command, rather than 'tell') "hey do you know of any good two handed weapons?"

Seems like it's been running upwards of 50 even on weekday nights.

Game Balance Report: more  southern criminals  needed.

Quote from: "teh unhelpful 'toon"
Quote from: "Twisted Minstrel"I've also noticed a rise in "Towering muscular men" asking my character (using just the 'say' command, rather than 'tell') "hey do you know of any good two handed weapons?"
tell towering (glowering) Big as you is, fella, jest find you a big stick.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: "Twisted Minstrel"I've also noticed a rise in "Towering muscular men" asking my character (using just the 'say' command, rather than 'tell') "hey do you know of any good two handed weapons?"
...that hit on elf chicks?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "brytta.leofa"Game Balance Report: more  southern criminals  needed.

I'd guess that a number of the players who would've been interested in those kind've roles have been put off them for one reason or another. I'm really hoping this will change soon. Allanak needs it's grubby criminals.
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

Quote from: "brytta.leofa"Seems like it's been running upwards of 50 even on weekday nights.

Game Balance Report: more  southern criminals  needed.

So make one.

Quote from: "Rhyden"
Quote from: "brytta.leofa"Game Balance Report: more  southern criminals  needed.
So make one.
Sadly, I'm otherwise occupied.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

QuoteGame Balance Report: more southern criminals needed.

I've tried several times in the past six months. It didn't work out, due mainly to the state of the game. Could have changed now that there are actually nobles around in Allanak.

There is at least one northern Noble, while not exclusively off-peak, frequently online during off-peak hours.  It depends.  Frequently, you can find the same folks that are on during off-peak hours up North on during peak-hours, so it's a mixture of the two.
Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

Quote from: "Coat of Arms"
QuoteGame Balance Report: more southern criminals needed.

I've tried several times in the past six months. It didn't work out, due mainly to the state of the game. Could have changed now that there are actually nobles around in Allanak.

Hmm, not being a smartass here but just trying to figure out the connection between criminals and nobles.  Are you saying it is necessary to have nobles in order to play criminals?
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

No, I'm saying that when there's next to no political roleplay around, your criminal organization can't do anything really interesting. Recent players of a particular criminal organization might know just how little there's left of business/crime-related roleplay, and just how much it's about magick and supernatural creatures. There's a single exception who provided possibly the only semi-mundane plotline for this clan since The Announcement.

If you want to play a criminal and think that you can have a rich, interesting and long-lived character based around mugging players in an alley, you'll usually be disappointed.

I've also noticed a lot more people around. Heck, I encounter people in sand dunes now! Anyways, I think that these people are people who may have left with the news of Arm's destruction, thinking that any extra effort would be wasted, and they would wait. However, now here was are about two-three months later, and they're craving for the game they miss.

That's my hypothesis, at least.
Dynnage
Shh! The cow is sleeping!

Our current 4-week average unique account logins is 267, which is the best it's been since last year, week of 12/18, when our 4-week average was 271. So, yes, we're currently experiencing an increased quantity of players logging in, and have been for about the past month.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Hahaha gimf stop it I am starting to imagine you like those electronic voices notifying the temperature and humidity and the next stop.
some of my posts are serious stuff

:D

You know you lurve my data, Ghost.

Once upon a time I analyzed PC descriptions in ARM to find the most and least common hair and eye colors. (Black hair was most common, red was least; blue eyes were most common, gold were least.)

I also sit at stoplights on my commute home and calculate the approximate percentage of people using cellphones in their cars. (15% of drivers using a particular left-hand turn lane recently.)

I do data for -fun-.

The awesome thing is, all y'all can laugh at me, but you play ARM too, making you just as geeky as me.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Data is for losers, apparently 92% of statistics are made up on the spot anyway.
Carpe Diem - Fish of the day

Quote from: "Simple"Data is for losers, apparently 92% of statistics are made up on the spot anyway.

Data's the awesomest guy on the senior staff of the USS Enterprise D, and you know it.

Quote from: "Dynnage"I've also noticed a lot more people around. Heck, I encounter people in sand dunes now! Anyways, I think that these people are people who may have left with the news of Arm's destruction, thinking that any extra effort would be wasted, and they would wait. However, now here was are about two-three months later, and they're craving for the game they miss.

That's my hypothesis, at least.

Sounds about true to me.  As for me, I started playing Eve Online, and realized my computer is too slow for the neato fleet battles, and I can't bring myself to spend a few hundred to bring it up to speed for playing a game :(.  Back to muds.

Quote from: "rufus"

Data's the awesomest guy on the senior staff of the USS Enterprise D, and you know it.

QFT.

I'd hit it.
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "rufus"
Quote from: "Simple"Data is for losers, apparently 92% of statistics are made up on the spot anyway.

No, you're confusing my pronunciation like Dr. Palowski. I said Data not Data. (the significance may have been lost in -typing- this)
Carpe Diem - Fish of the day

Quote from: "Gimfalisette"
I also sit at stoplights on my commute home and calculate the approximate percentage of people using cellphones in their cars. (15% of drivers using a particular left-hand turn lane recently.)

I do data for -fun-.

:D     :arrow:  :arrow:       :) :arrow:  :arrow:     :roll::arrow:  :arrow:      :? :arrow:  :arrow:      :(

:wink:

To contribute something worth while to the thread, i feel Allanak (i just started playing there) is buzzing with activity at all times it seems...Tuluk could use some love but its still doing well. Like i said in a previous thread i think the game is finally recovering from the initial shock of the 'end of days' announcement many months ago. People are beginning to realize there is quite alot of time left.