Help with wearing.

Started by Nile, September 17, 2007, 10:14:26 PM

So I got some new leet gear, but I can't figure out the syntax to wear it around my body. I always have this problem and it is very irritating.

It goes like this...

assess robe
A robe can be worn on the torso.
A robe can be worn about one's body.
A robe looks like it will fit you.

wear robe
You already wear something on your body.

wear robe body
You already wear something on your body.

wear robe about body
about body is an unknown body location.

wear robe torso
torso is an unknown body location.

wear robe on torso
on torso is an unknown body location.

wear robe on the torso
on the torso is an unknown body location.

Now...About one's body usually means I can wear it like a cloak or sometihing...But I'm stumped as to how to actually wear it like that.

Any help is MUCH appreciated :)
Free your hate.

Wear (item) about.

Also, for further reference, check out the online help on wear_locations, it lists them all.
"Last night a moth came to my bed
and filled my tired weary head
with horrid tales of you, I can't believe it's true.
But then the lampshade smiled at me -
It said believe, it said believe.
I want you to know it's nothing personal."

The Chosen

Yeah, "about body" and "torso" are two kinda tricky ones because the place where they say they can be worn is not the wear flag used to target the location.

To wear something "about body" (like a cloak) type "wear (item) about".

To wear something on your "torso" (like a vest) type "wear (item) body".

They're switched, I know, it's kinda confusing.  You might have some luck using the "help wear locations" command.  Also, most items can simply be used with the "wear (item)" command.  The only time you need to specify a location is if you do not want to wear it in the default location.  Good luck!
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Doh.  Beat me to the punch.   :D
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

"Waist" and "belt" tend to confuse me.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

I was trying to wear something 'about' me the other day and I kept throwing it up in the air...

If I had the log handy, I would post it, because the context was pretty amusing.... Stupid syntax!
Quote from: Wish

Don't think you're having all the fun...
You know me, I hate everyone!

Wish there was something real!
Wish there was something true!
Wish there was something real,
in this world full of YOU!

Thanks guys.
Free your hate.

Incidentally, anyone know of a way to wear something on a specific wrist or specific ankle?  If I want to wear something on just the left side I always end up having to wear something else temporarily on the right, then wear the desired item, then remove the temporary item.  I tried "wear <item> left wrist" but it didn't like the syntax.

Quote from: "Zalanthan"Incidentally, anyone know of a way to wear something on a specific wrist or specific ankle?  If I want to wear something on just the left side I always end up having to wear something else temporarily on the right, then wear the desired item, then remove the temporary item.  I tried "wear <item> left wrist" but it didn't like the syntax.

Mmhm, that's a tricky one.

I personally just wear something on one ankle so that it automatically puts the item I want to wear on the ankle I desire.

You can't specify which shoulder/ankle you want to wear an item on, if I remember.

Just play around with it, use the trick if you can't find another way.

This is why wedding rings have never caught on in Zalanthas.  In order to get the ring onto your ring finger, you need to already be wearing 5 rings.   :P
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Forest Junkie"I personally just wear something on one ankle so that it automatically puts the item I want to wear on the ankle I desire.

You can't specify which shoulder/ankle you want to wear an item on, if I remember.

Me too.

...And you can't.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

I think this is a pretty accurate guide to ambiguous wear locations:

wear necklace about throat
wear bag on belt
wear belt belt (they will sometimes choose to go on your waist if you don't provide a location)
wear robe about
wear earring left/right
wear bra body (some coder had the hilarious idea to add the head loc to most bras...)
The rest of the wear locations are pretty obvious, or their items can usually only be worn on one location, such as boots or helmets.

Notes:
When wearing a wrist, ankle, or shoulder item you cannot choose between left or right. It seems to pick right first, so if you want to wear your patch on your left shoulder you'll need something to occupy the right slot first.

Although most one-handed weapons can be sheathed on a belt, there are many that you can't wear onto a belt, even though the end result is the same. Weird, huh?

If you have an item with more than one wear location and you equip it without providing a location ("wear belt",) it seems to go to the location that is placed highest on the equipment list. So if it can be worn on both the head and the legs, you'll have to type "wear x legs" to wear it on the legs.

The following wear locations become hidden when wearing any item on "about body":
on body
waist
belt
on belt

The following wear locations become hidden when wearing any item on "hands":
All ten fingers (rings)

A covered item can be seen with a succesful peek attempt, although the peeker is not guaranteed a view of every covered item even though the attempt didn't fail. Covered tattoos and scars cannot be seen with peek.

Tattoos and scars become hidden when something is worn on their location. The "back" location also seems to be hidden if something is worn on the body, but not about body, as far as I recall.