Emote strangles ~GDB.

Started by Bebop, September 07, 2007, 04:24:55 PM

Garh! Half the time I haven't even been able to access it lately.  What is up?  Why is it so slow that it won't even come up in the mornings? :shock:

The major lag isn't only in the mornings.  Mornings, though, I recall staff saying that spiders were crawling the site then mostly.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

It has been near-inaccessible for me almost all day.

Quote from: "Coat of Arms"It has been near-inaccessible for me almost all day.
Pretty much all of the work-day for me (US Eastern). Not that that's an entirely bad thing.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

For the past several days it seemed like it has been getting worse and worse... most of the time I could not get in at all or it would take forever to bring up the page.

Same here.  I thought it was just my pitiful excuse for dial up.

I have actually found that if you leave the page alone trying to load whatever you trying to look at and then go do somthing else it'll eventually load.
It just might take 15 minutes for it to load....
However whatever is doing it is getting pretty bad... Seems like there are fewer post because of it too
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

Generally, if you do as daedroug says, you'll find the page will come up during one of the GDB's more useful periods.  So, if you need to feed your GDB fix, just be a little patient.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

It seems to "go down" again so fast that you can only get to load the forum menu, and when you click on one of the forums you get to wait another 15 minutes.

Now and then there's a short period of normal traffic, but 9 times out of 10 that I try it just sits there in eternal loading.

Quote from: "Coat of Arms"It seems to "go down" again so fast that you can only get to load the forum menu, and when you click on one of the forums you get to wait another 15 minutes.

Now and then there's a short period of normal traffic, but 9 times out of 10 that I try it just sits there in eternal loading.

ditto

Good to see it's not just me having the insanely long loading times for GDB.

We're looking at a variety of things to see what's causing this.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!