Greeting New Staff

Started by Sanvean, August 28, 2007, 09:12:45 PM

Here's the thread to ingratiate yourself in. ;)

Hello?
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

*wiggles her fingers in welcome*  Evening!
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

Even if you haven't managed to start yet, you deserve appreciation for stepping up to work for our desperate addiction.

And remember, you shouldn't be sleeping anymore, but making plots.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Hello, everyone.  Looking forward to metering your doses of crackageddon!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: "Nyr"Hello, everyone.  Looking forward to metering your doses of crackageddon!

All hail, Nyr!  Prepare the virgins!  Ready the bull for sacrifice!  We're gonna have us a party!
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Please direct all complaints to the new staff and all cookies to me.

Quote from: "Cavaticus"Please direct all complaints to the new staff and all cookies to me.

Do you take those cookies on visa?

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Gimme phat lewt.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

Hey,

I highly suggest to 'hide' your online status on the GDB.  You can do that in your profile section.

This prevents people from knowing -exactly when- you are online viewing the GDB.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Welcome!
So if you're tired of the same old story
Oh, turn some pages. - "Roll with the Changes," REO Speedwagon

I'm bitter.

And I also had my post edited by Sanvean, who will be glad to answer e-mail about that if I want to mail her.
Quote from: Wish

Don't think you're having all the fun...
You know me, I hate everyone!

Wish there was something real!
Wish there was something true!
Wish there was something real,
in this world full of YOU!

Well, I guess I'll edit my post out since I quoted a message that was edited out by PF.

I'm a Sad Panda, now.

Wow, be nice to your kids they choose your nursing home.

Be nice to the people on the GDB, they may end up choosing your karma.

Word up.
Goryteller

Quote from: RockScissors are fine.  Please nerf paper.

So have all staff been notified and appointed? I know I am looking forward to working with some of the new folks, gratz guys and gals!
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

QuoteThat way, I can't deduce who you used to be.

Or you could exercise some courtesy and allow the people who are volunteering to do work on your behalf some privacy.

QuoteSo have all staff been notified and appointed? I know I am looking forward to working with some of the new folks, gratz guys and gals!

We're waiting on the last person notified to reply, and busily bewildering them all right now.

When you find out it was really I who killed your last six loved chars. Please remember that here's another thing. The book can also be, a hat.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

To: New Staff

Please stay away from me and my new character. I like him alive, thank you very much.

:mrgreen:

Regards,

mof

Hi new staff,

You have my sympathies for the tortures and trials you are about to go through, and my respect for your bravery and dedication.

- Shadow, who salutes YOU, mister new-staff-member-person!

Hello everyone!  I'm looking forward to getting started.  I've already yawned all over a meeting due to lack of sleep.

Inspired by the post above...

Jherlen presents: Real Armageddon Heroes

Today we salute you, mister new-staff people. (Mister new-staff people)
It isn't enough to PLAY Armageddon, you take it a step further. (Climb that bone 'n leather ladder)
Filling requests, running clans, animating NPCs, you've given up YOUR time to make OUR time more fun. (Who needs a real life anyway?)
You knowingly signed on to endure the tortures of player complaints and emails, to supervise endless plots that need your attention, and try not to screw up too in the process. (Nessalin's gonna slay you!)
So crack open a nice cold can of brains, mister new staff people, and remember: now when someone tells you to find out IC, you already know.

(Mister new staff peeeeeeeeople.)

ps: plz give me karma for this
subdue thread
release thread pit

Quote from: "Sanvean"
QuoteThat way, I can't deduce who you used to be.

Or you could exercise some courtesy and allow the people who are volunteering to do work on your behalf some privacy.

I know, I know, Jokes and Sarcasm don't translate well into Text.  I edited my post to remove that bit.

I still think it's a good move to 'hide' when you are online.  I do it on Facebook, and Myspace, and everything else I can.  People act differently when they know others are watching them, and that includes the online personalities that we create.

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.  I'm thrilled and looking forward to helping make your time in game the best it can be.

I just have to say that in the, what, 18 hours since I got started, my already huge respect for staff and amazement at Armageddon has increased tenfold.  Make no mistake, you are playing the best MUD on the internet.

Thank you all very much for the welcome.

I am looking forward to lending a hand where it is needed, giving a little nudge to plots when it is required, and all around making the best MUD there is even better.

Be advised: All your brainz are now belong to us.

You have been warned.

When can we start emailing them about random gripes?

(readies 10 emails)
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I always thought that being accepted on staff would be like getting the letter to go to Hogwarts.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

Welcome, have some brainz.

Brainz:  the other grey meat.
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Brainz, brainz, the magickal fruit!

They need to give us PCs tougher skulls.

Thanks to the new staff for volunteering and keeping things running.  :)
Lunch makes me happy.

Wow, how many of you is there? I hope there's a few decent players left in the game to play with!  :shock:  :lol:

Perhaps you could be so kind as to clue us to your sex? I have an unserendipitous talent of using the wrong gender to address staff.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

The last imm that helped me showed up as "its."

I don't know how to handle that.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I totally misread that as "tits" for a moment. And I was thinking, "Well, that -is- kind of a clue..."
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: "Gimfalisette"I totally misread that as "tits" for a moment. And I was thinking, "Well, that -is- kind of a clue..."

If I got tits every time I accidentally junked an item I would abuse the wish command.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I wouldn't worry about getting people's gender wrong. I still do it :P

Hi, new staff. stat-upz plz

Hello new staff, don't forget to give me my magickal sword of death, was promised it. You can check with your bosses just in case!

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

I thought pretty much every staff member was male originally, don't know why. Think it was the names.

Turns out they are mostly female and got every single one wrong.

Oh. And I thought Halaster was female too.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Do I have to change my name now? I'm kinda worried about my brainz...
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Quote from: "Maso"Turns out they are mostly female

Is this true?
Lunch makes me happy.

Quote from: "Salt Merchant"
Quote from: "Maso"Turns out they are mostly female

Is this true?

ArmageddonMUD has about a 1:1 ratio of Male to Female staff.

I believe that was stated in the past by the immortals.

Welcome to Armageddon. Just step around the groupies foaming at the mouth and past the red rope  :D
War is not about who is right, but who is left
Quote from: BebopWhy is my butt always sore when I wake up?  :cry:

I'm always up for immortal intervention if you want to experiment, have nothing else to do, or feel like flexing your power.

Quote from: "Rhyden"I'm always up for immortal intervention if you want to experiment, have nothing else to do, or feel like flexing your power.

I second this, for myself.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

"The Creation of a Staff Member"

Seven wise men with knowledge so fine, created a staffer to their design.

First was a butcher, a man of no hype, using a knife, he taught it to type.

Second a lumberjack, strong and bold, with a hammer and chisel, he gave it a soul.

Third was a tailor, tall and thin, took superpowers, and lined it within,

Fourth was an archer, short and stout, with documentation he lined it without,

Fifth was a hunterman, nasty as hell, threw in some meat and gave it a smell,

Sixth was a medic, whose name was Asgee, touched it and nodded, and said it could pee,

Last was a Bynner, the crass little runt, still couldn't figure if it had a....

Welcome on board, doods.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Welcome to our new Staff members.

I can't wait to see what horrid wonders you all are going to add and develop.

Have fun...and try to stay sane.  It ain't easy being immortal.

:twisted:
-Naatok the Naughty Monkey

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.