Greetings! I'm new... sort of, and I bring friends!

Started by Timendainum, August 02, 2007, 10:06:04 AM

Greetings and salutations,

I am an old Armageddon player. I played many years ago. I've not player seriously since... hmm.. 1995 or so? I did log in a few times just a couple years back, but it didn't turn into a long term commitment.

In the meantime I ran a NWN role playing world, that has since come and gone and many of the players really are starving for that role playing experience. I've suggested that we all come and try out Armageddon. Looks like I might be the first one to arrive.

Looks like there is a lot going on here. The talk of a new game? Armageddon 2? Sounds very exciting, if not dangerous.

How is Immortal activity these days? Do we have a staff or are they focused on development?

How is the player base? Are there many people playing? When are peak times?

Where are people playing at? Looks like Tuluk is a city again? Last time I was here it was ruins!

I hope at least 3 of us will be playing. See you all in Zalanthas!

Hooray "new... sort of" people!

The immortals are definitely spending time on the new game, but the old one isn't being neglected.  They're running a lot of new plots in conjunction with the coming "end of the world" for Arm 1.

Peak time is probably between 10:00 PM and 1:00 AM EST, and population varies between 40-60.  There are about 200-250 active players based on weekly account login statistics.

Tuluk and Allanak are both pretty happening places.

Welcome (back) to Armageddon!

Yay, welcome (back) to Arm, from me, a Semi-Newbie!

Quote from: "Timendainum"
Looks like there is a lot going on here. The talk of a new game? Armageddon 2? Sounds very exciting, if not dangerous.

Yes, and yes!

QuoteHow is Immortal activity these days? Do we have a staff or are they focused on development?
Sanvean is the head honcho and she was away doing RL things for awhile. She just returned and is catching up. Some of the staff are on summer holiday, and some are active. There's a pretty decent overall level of regular IMM activity in the current version, and they are also working on development of Arm2.

QuoteHow is the player base? Are there many people playing? When are peak times?
I see peak times starting more around 9 EST. During an average mid-week peak time I usually run into at least 10 other characters, and my character is -not- city-based. During off times (lunch time EST) I can usually find 2-3 other characters to RP with. Your mileage may vary depending on where your character is.

QuoteWhere are people playing at? Looks like Tuluk is a city again? Last time I was here it was ruins!
Allanak is hopping at last check. Tuluk could probably stand a boost, if you're looking to -create- fun rather than join existing fun. Luir's has its usual phases of people coming and going. Red Storm, at last count, had at least 1 regular PC in it; I have to assume there are more or that lonely single PC would have gone crazy by now :) Non-walled areas are fairly represented by a PC population.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Welcome back. I promise I won't eat you.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Welcome back.

Peaks are late evenings, in general, and that depends on where you are both in real life and in game.  Some areas/clans peak at different times.  Enjoy the end times with us! :)
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "Timendainum"Greetings and salutations
Made my day for a number of reasons.

Welcome back! I've played for like 5-4 years on and off and I'm still a newb, so don't feel bad ;)
War is not about who is right, but who is left
Quote from: BebopWhy is my butt always sore when I wake up?  :cry:

Quote from: "Xio"
Quote from: "Timendainum"Greetings and salutations
Made my day for a number of reasons.
"The extreme always seems to make an impression."
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Welcome back.

Please remember to keep your newbie boots on.  I have a collection to fill.

On a more serious note, it's great to see you coming back, and bringing a posse.  I used to play back in the 95 era (giant named Rimmstalker, mul named Syra, halfling named Nox, tons of others who never made an impact) and it's thrilling to see some others returning.

The helpers here are terrific, if you don't want to personally coach all your friends.  Helper list is at:

http://www.armageddon.org/intro/helpers.php

No matter where you start, you're going to have a blast.  There's so much going on in the world right now that, sometimes, it makes my head spin.

Enjoy!
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: "Timendainum"In the meantime I ran a NWN role playing world, that has since come and gone and many of the players really are starving for that role playing experience. I've suggested that we all come and try out Armageddon.

It better not be that stupid ass rp server called lala land where I got perma banned for running around with a barbarian who only wore a deer helmet, and chopping down newbs in the dozens with throwing axes.
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

Thank you for all the warm welcomes. Myself, and 2 friends have already applied for characters. 2 of us are alreay online and have spent some time playing. We even found a group to run with.

Sorry for my delay in responding. The forum got a bit confused when I tried to change my email address.

Don't be discouraged if/when your first character(s) die swiftly and horribly.

spambot.

I mean, hello there!  Welcome to the highest-tech addictive drug on the internet.

Quote from: "Halaster once upon a time"CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON
CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON

Welcome to Armageddon.
Welcome to Armageddon.
Welcome to Armageddon.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Always nice to see new people!  Have fun ^_^