Food

Started by Xio, July 27, 2007, 01:06:44 AM

I'd like to mention beforehand I think this isn't a big deal, but its just a little something that gets to me from time to time (mainly when I'm reorganizing stuff because of my ocd) but I think it would be more convenient, in a way, to have all food items have the keyword food.

And this is something that just popped back into my head. It think it would be nice, though not really necessary, to move groups of items as a whole mainly to cut down on spam. Maybe bundle/bunch command to collect the items together. Of course it would only be for the same items.
War is not about who is right, but who is left
Quote from: BebopWhy is my butt always sore when I wake up?  :cry:

YES.

On both counts.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Hrmm....

Zalanthas [NESWUD]
  Its a big desert wasteland, and it doesn't matter where you go, because you are going to die.
A selection of swords is piled on a poor skeletal corpse.

Something like this?

l in selection
You look into the selection of swords and see:
 *The sword of immortal slaying*
 Several flaming swords
 Many iron swords
 Many copper swords
 Many steel swords
 More swords.
 Some more swords.
 Swords. Swords. Swords.

And..... This?

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

I mean only obsidian swords with obsidian swords etc.

If you want to get realistic with me, what Yokunama said would make more sense, but I think its better this way. Mainly because I don't know if the staff would plan to have each individual item in a bundle count against your inventory or just the bundle be one item (which I think is better for a number of reasons). With having all your swords in a bundle you could have a half-giant carry a bundle of lets say a 20 -different- swords, then a bundle of 20 different hammers, a bundle of 20 different bows, and then a bundle of 20 different knifes at once. With all the different lengths and sizes going on he would probably constantly be dropping stuff, nicking himself, etc.

With my ocd again, the individual bundles (as I've now decided to refer to them) make organizing better. My suggestion to avoid abuse of the whole thing is this, remove the number count of items you can have in your inventory at one time, and change it to a set number of stones. Why? Because, unless I am mistaken, I thought/think the inventory isn't just your hands but a number of easily accessible pockets and things like that. Thats also why I thought our pants weren't containers because they contributed to our inventory. You can stick things in your waistband so you can grab it later, put something in your sleeve, drape something over a shoulder, etc. And I always thought it was kind of weird that I could only hold ten slices of fruit at a time on a certain char.

This is just how I feel.
War is not about who is right, but who is left
Quote from: BebopWhy is my butt always sore when I wake up?  :cry: