Fruity

Started by Shiroi Tsuki, July 22, 2007, 05:58:04 AM

A friend of mine mentioned trying one of these out recently.  Doesn't this just look so... Zalanthan?

"Last night a moth came to my bed
and filled my tired weary head
with horrid tales of you, I can't believe it's true.
But then the lampshade smiled at me -
It said believe, it said believe.
I want you to know it's nothing personal."

The Chosen

Yes - it looks Zalanthan, so you should definitely try it.

Quote from: "Rhyden"Yes - it looks Zalanthan, so you should definitely try it.
Wait, but wouldn't that be the perfect reason to -not- try it?
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

What is it?
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Angela Christine"What is it?
It looks Zalanthan.

That's all that matters, in the end...
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Ooo... Kiwano fruit... they are quite tasty.

Isn't it the fruit that stinks so unspeakably bad that skunks run away in terror?

That's a durian.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

A durian is that fruit that stinks.

That picture doesn't look quite right, though.  I think Durians are generally green on the outside and yellow on the inside.

I swear I've seen that picture before, though...

Ah hah!  It's a kiwano.

Quote from: "Winterless"Ooo... Kiwano fruit... they are quite tasty.

The fruit pictured is a kiwano fruit.

Hooray for not reading the whole thread!  :oops:

Anyway, according to the internet it's not actually a very tasty fruit, and the insides are as slimy as the picture makes them out to be.

I like them, think citrusy-cucumber taste... the texture is kind of like jello, or like when you can get all the skin off of an orange segment. They are kind of refreshing.

From looking at the picture, I bet the fruit as a very Photoshopped taste to it, too!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

On the topic of photoshop I thought this site was fun

http://homepage.mac.com/gapodaca/digital/blonde/index.html

And I don't like that fruit.

Cool.  I could sit here all day going, "Real woman.  Magazine woman.  Real woman, magazine woman."

If I get tired of the blond, he also has a brunette.  He even made her belly-button smaller.  http://homepage.mac.com/gapodaca/digital/bikini/bikini1.html
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "alger"On the topic of photoshop I thought this site was fun

http://homepage.mac.com/gapodaca/digital/blonde/index.html

Thats just scary....

As for the fruit, it looks too gooey to be a real fruit. Looks like its ready to run all over the table if someone happens to bump it.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Quote from: "Winterless"I like them, think citrusy-cucumber taste... the texture is kind of like jello, or like when you can get all the skin off of an orange segment. They are kind of refreshing.

They are not refreshing or citrusy.. Cucumber? No. I like cucumbers.

You know what I found about them after buying one at the grocery store because it looked 'interesting'? Apparently, they're not even supposed to be a big FOOD item. They're most commonly a decorative fruit if what I read is to be believed, like all those colorful squash people stick in bowls around Thanksgiving.

Let me give my description of a Kiwano fruit, or horn melon.

The outside is very festive. You cut  it open and see someone has taken lime green jello and swirled it around with a couple dozen cantaloupe sized/shaped seeds. Now these seeds are encased with the green goop rather like if you open up a section of an orange and get to all those little juice packets. But inside each of the green goop packets is the seed. Therefor, you either have to strain the goop through your teeth and spit the seeds (a lot of work) or eat the seeds also. The seeds don't actually have a flavor to them that I noticed, but adding the fact you have to chew your way through them to 'enjoy' the goop, it isn't exactly a selling point. Now that you've worked out how to eat this monstrosity roughly, gotten past the ultra-slime texture, you get to the taste. Bland green bananas.

So... I suppose if you've ever wished someone would come up with a bland green banana jello slime that you could mix cantaloupe seeds in.... Then this is the perfect fruit for you!  :wink:
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

The texture looks a lot like that of a passion fruit. And I absolutely love those.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

I eat most of the fruits that DollFace listed...

They're not weird! You westerners are weird... weirdos.