Player base?

Started by The Lonely Hunter, May 11, 2007, 05:20:52 PM

Alright, well, I told myself I wouldn't come back till the new version is out. I guess I lied.  :lol: My last couple attempts to return have failed, but I -really- miss Arm. Anyway, onto my question. I'll be playing late nights, midnight till three a.m. est. How has the player count and where has the base been focused during these times?

Thanks in advance!
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

Player count is in the 30-40 range regularly during that time.

From what I know of the world at the moment, if you play in Allanak, Tuluk, the 'rinth (westside), or the desert elves, you will probably get plenty of interaction. I strongly, strongly suggest you create a character type with a reason to get minionized by the leadership in these areas in order to get maximum interaction and plot involvement.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

I've noticed that I usually miss all the fun stuff by an hour, give or take. So if you're playing between midnite and 3AM, EST, it sounds like you'll be right in the middle of all that fun stuff I keep missing. Maybe showing up a little after it all starts so you might have to look around to catch up for 20 minutes or so. But yeah, when I log out at 10:30-11 EST, it looks to me like things are really starting to hop. I think you'll probably be fine.

L. Stanson
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

How long should it take to get a character approved? I want to get back into the game but my character is just sitting there for three days with no movement. Last night I sent a request to find out what is going on and nothing happened yet.

It is hard to keep building the player base if new characters take too long. to get approved and I think going over 3 days  is too long.

My past 3 characters have taken about 12 hours. The first two were me getting back into the learning curve of, don't do stupid stuff or else you die. THe past 3 were in like the past two weeks

New characters are supposed to be approved for play, if there are no issues, within 24 hours.

However, this week is the annual imms' party...err...meeting. (Meeting, seriously, they do a lot of work.) So things may be delayed because of that.

Also however, are you sure there is no problem with your email account? Or anything else that might cause a delay in getting the character approved?
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Also it's been said many times and is in the chargen scrollback:

Do -not- simply close your client after submitting your character application. You MUST manually log out of the game, and stay logged out. If you finished your app, then clicked the "x" at the top of your game client (telnet, zmud, anything else) then all that does is keep your app open and unavailable for the staff to process.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

The easiest way for you to get your character approved quickly is to spellcheck, grammar check, and not try to push the boundaries of IC acceptability.  I always spell check every application that I review, nine out of ten have at least one spelling or grammar error.  Often when running across a bad one, I'll pass on it until I have the time or mental state to deal with it.   In summary, clean applications generally get approved really fast.
This post is a natural hand-made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and are in no way to be considered flaws or defects.

Talk about derailed...thanks for the replies?
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

-Rathustra

L.H.,

Welcome back!  

Some places that seem kinda busy and active are the Desert Elves, Allanak, Luir's post, and five or six super-secret magicker clubs.

Some people are having a great time.  Others not so much.  How's that for a summary to bring you up to speed?

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Pretty darn good! Thanks.
-Ginka

-Rathustra