Crafting Armor/Clothing

Started by Xio, April 28, 2007, 10:57:03 PM

Before recently, I've never crafted any clothing/armor in Arm, and I noticed something I thought a bit odd. I'm not sure if this just due to a lack of skill, but what I've made so far has been too small for my character to wear. I figured that whatever you made, you would make based on your own measurements and such. If this is not due to a lack of skill or just some command I don't know, I think there should be, atleast for Arm2, a skill to resize armor/clothing. If the resizing is not for yourself the other person must be present so you can compare the difference in size.
War is not about who is right, but who is left
Quote from: BebopWhy is my butt always sore when I wake up?  :cry:

I think tailors and the tailor subguild may be able to do that already.

But I don't know why you would be making something a different size than you.  I would imagine it'd be skill-related, since (starting out at something) you'd waste more material in the process...thereby having smaller sizes.
Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

I think items may be smaller than your size due to the crafted item's size. If your only have a sheet of linen, you'll only be able to make a linen shirt an equal size to the linen you began with.

And as far as I know, there's no clothing-resize skill.

But it would be really nice to have.  :wink:

No, clothing is made at a standard size unfortnately - rather than at the size of the tailor creating it - however I think this came up before a long time ago and will probably be something that is fixed.

At present tailors and clothing crafter PC's can't actually 'tailor' items to be another size - only NPC's.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game