Enjoyable Experience with Magickers

Started by Dan, April 26, 2007, 09:18:12 AM

Perhaps its only because I'm only a slightly better than mediocre RP'er myself, but...I've enjoyed all the interactions I've had with magickers.  Whether positive or negative in tone, whether beneficial or harmful to my character.

In fact, I can only think of one recent "Ugh" incident I have even heard about involving a magicker, and I probably could have predicted something not turning out well given that person's posting on a certain board.

That said, over the past year I've managed to be a part of some exceptional RP with magickers.  I'm pretty certain I got to RP with the group LauraMars already mentioned, as well as ACows's and one other group not mentioned.  While individually each situation had some great RPer's, I think in each case the overall experience was more fantastic than each of the parts.  Definately some of the most fun I've ever hard here.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

I think may have been in that group with lauraMars or atleast in that group!
Memories. I found had a blast playing iso mages, being all sekrit and stuff. HAving elemental conflicts at times.

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

Quote from: "Dan"Well, enough time has passed for me to just shout out to anyone if they remember Black Tembo. Enjoy my portrayal of him, yes, no?

*cackle* Yes, I very much enjoyed us trying to kill each other on a few occasions. I don't want to go into too much detail but there was a scene that cracks me up every time I think about it. Nice job!
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I had a great time every time I ever interacted with the Plainsman. Blue Whirlwind was okay, and the White Rantarri(s? let's not get into it) are excellent.

So maybe generally speaking the uber-sorcs are okay. Maybe you have to be okay to stick around long enough to really be an uber-sorc, or to flaunt your power in any meaningful way.

Quote from: "Dan"I think Forest Junkie would remember a couple instances... felt bad that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time with two or three characters in a row.

Oh yeah, I remember those days, during the invasion. I got bombed a few times.  :wink:

It was still fun though, even if I was obliterated *laugh*

And yes, I've had wonderful experiences on this mud with magickers.

Rangers are my first love on this game, though my favorite character to date (which will never be surpassed, in my opinion) was a gemmed that chilled with a group of other gemmed. Everyone involved with my character knows who they are, and I just think the world of each and every one of them - they were so fucking solid with their roleplay that I'm just amazed that I got so lucky as to be apart of a group for that long. My fart got into a ton of crap, and the plots were created (mostly) by us, with a little help from a few amazing staff members that fed off our actions and rolled with whatever went down.

I was definitely lucky to kick back with who I would consider some of the top players in this mud for around half a year.

I had several positive magick experiences with my mundane.. They're usually similar.

Merchant character chops wood, because he could find no other PC to do it for him/her (I said it happened more than once). So cursing the off-peak times, he/she emotes his/her way into falling another tree. Then someone starts emoting simple hints that there's someone hidden in that room. I keep on, suddenly magickal currents swirl around someone. I tremble as the player, but sorrily my PC is staring at the tree, not to the damn opening.

Thanks to all sorcerers who made my feet glow, placed a ball of light upon my inix's head, summoned shade upon my resting ranger or let me emote wetting my pants with well-thought-out cantrips.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]