This Game Is Crap

Started by SwordPrayer, April 21, 2007, 06:05:50 PM

Your help files suck there are no help from the staff or helpers. Why do I want to play a game where I have to wait 3 days for a response telling me they cant help me. This game sucks I see why you guys dont have alot of players. If you sign up being anything other than a fighter you will die. Cause it doesnt tell you how to do the other things, any idiot can type kill xxxx you guys need to get your act together if you want this game to get any more people like it used to have.

Quote from: "SwordPrayer"Your help files suck there are no help from the staff or helpers. Why do I want to play a game where I have to wait 3 days for a response telling me they cant help me. This game sucks I see why you guys dont have alot of players. If you sign up being anything other than a fighter you will die. Cause it doesnt tell you how to do the other things, any idiot can type kill xxxx you guys need to get your act together if you want this game to get any more people like it used to have.

From the sounds of it, you're just having a hard time adapting to the game. Everyone does, Arm's system isn't exactly the most intuitive. Why not have a couple of days to cool off and then give it another try?

While your post is, to say the least, overly hostile, I'll make an attempt to assist you by addressing some of your concerns.

Admittedly, the game can be overwhelming to a new player and starting on your own can be difficult. Our helpfiles deal only with the coded aspects of commands as this is an RPI Mud and people are expected to roleplay accordingly. You need to be creative and design your character to be both enjoyable and practically acceptable. This does not mean creating a stock warrior and hacking things to bits, though I've played with and observed a multitude of PCs who can take a standard warrior and make them into a memorable and multifaceted character.

Some suggestions for you should you choose to give it another shot, and we'd welcome your doing so: Make a character that is looking for employment in a group organization within one of the cities. Some suggestions would be working for House Oash, the Templarate of Allanak, House Salarr or House Kadius. I recommend staying in Allanak as a new player because the culture there is typically more forgiving to new players than the culture in Tuluk. By joining a clan you will receive a place to stay, food and water, and instruction as well as interaction with a variety of PCs. Above all, undertand that PC development and interaction are what this game is about. Not crafting weapons. Not killing critters.

While it's ok to be frustrated, it's generally considered bad form to insult the staff and the players who contribute to this game because you're having trouble receiving the attention you desire.

Hopefully you give it another shot and your experience is more enjoyable. I've locked this topic to prevent any hostilities from developing.
Nusku the Burning says, out of character:
     "I don't want the world, I just want your half."