More Ideas?

Started by Malifaxis, March 22, 2003, 05:26:03 PM

Oh my... no mud to play in, and a fountain of ideas bursting within mine cranium.

For the purposes of shooting... one thing that trips my trigger (god I love that phrase) is the fact that you can't aim your shot at someone... I mean sure, you draw your arrow back and take aim on your target.  But then you just let the arrow fly.  Is there any way we could have an actual 'aim' command?

hold bow, wield arrow, aim gith south head
You draw your arrow back and begin to take aim on a lanky gith's head.
You steady your breathing and aim carefully...
shoot gith south
You release your arrow and it flies south, striking the lanky gith in the head!

Of course, there would be a pause, at first substantial but lessening as your archery goes up.  This would allow people to actually be able to play a sort of a sniper character (something I've wanted to do for a long time), and would also add a bit of realism to hunting.  Of course, an aimed shot would not automatically grant you the ability to do eyeshots at fifty paces, but it would give you an increased chance to hit the location you specified.

Also, I would *love* to see brawl maneuvers of some sort implemented.  As some of us assuredly know, there's a few bits of gear out there that allow you to do wicked uppercuts, or Street Fighter Guile-esque flip kicks, or just tear the heart out of your opponenet and eat it raw before the screen beeps on their end, but would it be possible to get a branch set of skills for unarmed?

Of course, that could be very difficult code-wise.  So how about this?  Perhaps a set of emotes that goes along, automatically, with unarmed combat.  Something to just throw a little spice (flavor) in to beating the crap out of each other like in Fight Club.

You dodge the Tyler Durden lookin' M.F.er's hit at you deftly.
You dodge the Tyler Durden lookin' M.F.er's hit at you deftly.
Your hit on the Tyler Durden lookin' M.F.er is stopped by a pair of sunglasses.
You swing out with a brutal haymaker, and clock the Tyler Durden lookin' M.F.er upside the hey-ad!  (caution, this emote is not an actual suggestion)

The Tyler Durden lookin' M.F.er catches you with an elbow to the face.

I think you get my drift.  Not *every* hit would have an emote, of course... that would just make a lot more reading, and end up polluting the flavor.  However, the usual hits and misses would be awesome if mixed in with the ocassional 'ubercut' or even change a few of those leg hits to 'kicks you in the shin' or something.

Comments?  Questions?  Flames?  Other, more cool suggestions?

I await your responses like Wolf Blitzer in Baghdad.  Hopeful, but wearing a kevlar and titanium beard-guard just in case.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Thumbs up for the first suggestion. If it was possible, an elven hunter would be funnier and more realistic to play. Second?? (The question marks go on.) Sorry but I think it would make Arm look like where I came from, a SUPA POWA MUD!  :P
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]