Self-targeting in feel/think

Started by HaiWolfe, March 28, 2007, 05:00:19 PM

I would love to be able to target my own PC in the feel command and in the parentheses for thinks. For example:

>feel ^me heart skip a beat

Would display to you: You feel your heart skip a beat.

And to staff, mysterious others, etc: So-and-so feels his/her heart skip a beat.

Something that could be implemented in both 1.Arm and 2.Arm, since I'm assuming we'll be keeping the think and feel functions. Worthwhile?

I would love to see this, myself. We discussed this quite a bit here: http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25392

Personally, I don't see a downside and think that the possibility of it being "abused" is really remote.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

I don't mind self-targeting in thinks/feels, I just don't think it would work terribly well with the Way.

Otherwise, good idea.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: "Delirium"I would like this very much.

By the way, Delirium, it was your log of that brawl which inspired me to start playing around and getting more creative with feels, since I thought your feels in there were really nifty. Which has now led me to desiring being able to self-target in them :)
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Heh, thanks. I make them a lot less subjective now, it was before you could combine feels & thinks into one command.  Nowadays I'd be putting the reason into the think and the emotion into the feel.

And I would have loved to be able to target myself to make the log read prettier. ;)

Yes. Definately. Pretty please.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Self targeting in thinks and feels makes sense to me. Will make a note to speak to some code type people and see if they can be convinced.

No promises.  :wink:
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.