birds of prey

Started by askaran, March 21, 2007, 06:38:36 PM

i have a question. are there hawks and eagles and falcons in arm? and if there is is there some cool little skill like falconry or something? i just thought that would be kinda cool so i though id ask.
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

I hate to do this, but find out IC. Or, look through the helpfiles. It might be there.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Yup. There are.

Hawks and falcons, at least. I've never seen an eagle but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

No falconry skill exists, to my knowledge, though I'd be happy to be wrong.
size=9]go tell that lonesome liar
go tell that midnight rider
tell the gamblin', ramblin' backslider
tell them God Almighty gonna cut 'em down[/size]

There are all sort of birds in game.
they're not exactly hawks or falcons, but more like the Zalanthan versions of them.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

ok thank you
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

Quote from: "Help Files"Silt Flyer                                                         (General)

Large and leather-winged, these flying creatures swoop down out of the
thick clouds of silt and dust to attack their prey, usually up to about the
size of an inix. Occasionally hunting in small packs, they often use both
their claws and powerful beaks in the onslaught, climbing and swooping in
again and again with deadly patience. Where they naturally roost is
generally unknown.

See Also:
  Animal Life

There's a depiction of a hawk or a falcon or something similar in a piece of Armageddon artwork on the Original Submissions section. That said, I think it's safe to say that there are hawks or falcon-like creatures.

A lot of organizations make it their business to capture animals and, to an extent, they might even train them. Therefore, I think falconry could exist in-game (if anyone has ever bothered to come up with it).
"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing." -- Shunryu Suzuki

I've had hawk objects, like barrakhan, songbirds, lizards, or any other pet object, they're good for atmosphere, but do little else.

There are also hawks (verrin) that you can quite easily find and hunt...
Quote from: Wish

Don't think you're having all the fun...
You know me, I hate everyone!

Wish there was something real!
Wish there was something true!
Wish there was something real,
in this world full of YOU!