with the larger items in a person's inv

Started by HoD, March 21, 2007, 04:14:32 AM

It would be cool is someone else could target it in an emote - hell, it would be cool if you could target someone else's worn eq too.

I like it.

Shouldn't make emotes too long, though.
Quote from: Saikun
I can tell you for sure it won't be tonight. So no point in poking at it all night long. I'd suggest sleep, or failing that, take to the streets and wreak havoc.

Why, Spud?
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

[derail] Trust me - coming from somewhere with no emote truncation, it took some getting used to to get all my emotes under the length limit... but when I stopped to think about the fact that the pacing is -so- much faster and easier to follow than the 10-line emotes you see elsewhere, well, it's a welcome change. I tend to not even read those 10-liners and just skim through them. The only time the input buffer really irks me is during conversation. [/derail]

[on topic] Why can't you just type it out? It's not -that- hard. [/on topic]

Quote from: "moab"Why, Spud?

I've changed my mind. This is a horrible idea, emotes should be long, and I was wrong.
Quote from: Saikun
I can tell you for sure it won't be tonight. So no point in poking at it all night long. I'd suggest sleep, or failing that, take to the streets and wreak havoc.

Quote from: "Spud"
Quote from: "moab"Why, Spud?

I've changed my mind. This is a horrible idea, emotes should be long, and I was wrong.

Glad you've seen reason.  =D

Honestly, have you ever read MUSH logs?  The quality of the writing is very good compared to what we have here on Arm.  I think, for one, that longer emotes have an appropriate place in game.

But to haul us back onto topic - I'm not sure that being able to target things people are carrying is that good of an idea. What do we gain by it?
.till death do us part...

(sigh) Along the derail:  I have read some MUSH logs and used to play one even.  I prefer the pace that the (still long) emotes limited to about 3 lines fosters.  Imagine if we were limited to 1.5 lines like some muds.

On topic:  I still think that we can reference that log that dude's carrying by typing in "%dude log' easy enough.  Targetting the log could get interesting, as you'd have to have it reference 'dude' as well as the 'log.'  I say target the person with a posessive and add the big item in without feeling the need to type out its entire sdesc.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I do think you should be able to 'look' at an item that is large enough to appear from a room away in someone's inventory, just as if it was part of their other eq.

I don't like how it is now:

So-and-so is standing here.
-he is carrying a huge trunk

'Look so-and-so's trunk'

He's got nothing like that.
"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr