kank = ant
mekillot = dinosaur
quirri = panther
gortok = hyena

what else?
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

Gortok=hyena

As to the rest, why?
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

*shrug*
just to get a mental picture...

That does work for a really loose definition of them. But you shouldn't get too attatched to that.

If a wolf was imaginary somebody could point to their poodle and say "A wolf is like a dog, but a bigger" you'd still have the wrong image. Best really is to get the desc IC, and read it a few times carefully.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

When I read the description of a gwoshi on the web page I thought lama at first..  :shock:
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

QuoteGwoshi : These woolly quadrupedal mammals stand nearly as tall as a human at the shoulder. Although they can sometimes be tamed for use as mounts, their name, originating from the Allundean for "biter," can give a potential rider pause. Attacks on nomadic humans and elves have been reported, their large, clawed paws adding to their painful bite, but they are normally relatively solitary beasts. Gwoshi travel in small family units as opposed to herds, and do not take well either to being herded or being domesticated. Their unusual woolly coat is very highly sought after by certain Houses. Some tribes are rumored to hold superstitious beliefs regarding them.

Some llamas!  :)
Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

I always thought of Gwoshi as being sort of bear-like.... and rantarri as more like lions, and quirri sort of like panthers.

Are raptors just...well....raptors? I'm not entirely sure I ever even bothered reading the desc....the first time I was killed by a raptor...I just thought Jurassic park.

Though oddly...found them to be a very interesting, and not at all jarring, addition to the harsh desert world we live in.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

When I think of Gwoshi, I think of hose beasts of burden the tuscan raiders used in Star Wars I.

Edit to add:

Bantha

http://168.229.236.6/~cc/cc/public_html/picts/bantha.jpg
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

Quote from: "moab"When I think of Gwoshi, I think of hose beasts of burden the tuscan raiders used in Star Wars I

that would be the mighty BANTHA

assuming it is the same beast they ride in episode IV
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you

Banta poodoo!
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

I always figured a bantha as more like a plains ox.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I always figured that a plains ox looked like an ox.

edit: This is a bantha.

edit #2:

Here is a raptor.

edit #3

Here is a panther, which is kind of like a quirri, except for the part where they die in one hit.

Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Definitly a spotted mangy gortok.

http://www.dpchallenge.com/image.php?IMAGE_ID=320448

Coyote on the other hand are smaller, very dog like and rather pretty.

Jozhal?

Now, Plains Ox. First, Laura, your pic is a musk oxen, a very northern animal...As in Alaska..:) I've never pictured them that way myself, but more like the African Oxen or the now, I believe, Extinct Aurochs.

Bahamet...Picture that only big as a house...chasing you.

Always imagined Gwoshi as a Kodiak crossed with a Bantha myself...cept no horns and with a mane.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

anyway, I got the idea that a gwoshi resembled a lion because of
Ourla and Briar's  artwork submissions.

http://www.armageddon.org/original/showSubmission.php?submission=243

http://www.armageddon.org/original/showSubmission.php?submission=196

IMO, gwoshi are most like a grizzly bear with a lion's mane, and about twice as big.

The plains oxen in the game are described as very shaggy.

Yeah, it makes no sense for a desert climate, but whatever.

Oh, also...I have always pictured gwoshi has having the build of a bear but the coloration and fur of a lion.  With a mane.

Oh, and,

I've always imagined that Jozhal must be like a raccoon would be if it were a reptile...because of the ring tail.  I wonder if they have mask-markings around their eyes as well?  But I know that's not how they probably look.

Quote from: "LauraMars"Oh, and,

I've always imagined that Jozhal must be like a raccoon would be if it were a reptile...because of the ring tail.  I wonder if they have mask-markings around their eyes as well?  But I know that's not how they probably look.

I pictured them like this as well... kind of like a reptilian sugar glider with racoon markings or something.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: "LauraMars"The plains oxen in the game are described as very shaggy.

It doesn't?  Remember, hair/fur doesn't always mean "warm", it means "insulation."  In a cold climate, insulation keeps you warm.  In a hot climate, it can help keep you cool, as well as keep the sun's rays from pounding on your bare skin all day.

Much like layered clothing on people, hair on animals can serve a purpose that seems counterintuitive to those of us from more temperate climes.

Quote from: "joyofdiscord"
Quote from: "LauraMars"The plains oxen in the game are described as very shaggy.

It doesn't?  Remember, hair/fur doesn't always mean "warm", it means "insulation."  In a cold climate, insulation keeps you warm.  In a hot climate, it can help keep you cool, as well as keep the sun's rays from pounding on your bare skin all day.

Much like layered clothing on people, hair on animals can serve a purpose that seems counterintuitive to those of us from more temperate climes.

I was going to say something similiar.

I envision jozhal like a racoon lizard also.