Add emote to cast

Started by jmordetsky, February 04, 2007, 10:43:22 PM

cast 'mon un has cool ideas' jmordetsky (rubbing both temples with closed eyes).

That's it. That my idea.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

I'm in favor, but some of the casting echoes might need to be changed.
b]YB <3[/b]

After the initial echo when someone begins casting, you could replace "Soandso utters an incantation" with, "Rubbing both temples with closed eyes, soandso utters an incantation."

I like.

Oh, right. That'd work nicely.
b]YB <3[/b]

Ten points for the idea, ten points for brevity. Rock on.

I'm all for it :D
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

Command emotes for cast would be awesome.  Don't replace the 'utters an incantation' though, I say.  If it's obviously a spell, it's a spell...and we should have a generic message by which to tell.  You can tell if someone tries to grapple you, bash you, kick you, etc etc etc...you should know if they tried to magick you too.

...unless the spell was a sneaky spell...which would be awesome to have too.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"Don't replace the 'utters an incantation' though, I say.  

Quote from: "alesix""Rubbing both temples with closed eyes, soandso utters an incantation."

I like.

Once in a while J throws an idea that totally makes sense.

This is one of them.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Idea:

> cast (a look of concentration) [eyes snapping open] 'mon un bubble halaster mouthwash'

A look of concentration on his face, croissants begin to swirl around the black mage.

Eyes snapping open, the black mages utters an incantation.

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Dude, that would completely screw up my client aliases.

Yeah, I know you use MUSHclient like I do, and I'm not 100% how to get that to work with my client aliases...but damn, would that be cool.

...just put the emote tags at the end.
alias 'cast <spell>'
then you:
cast fireball (fancy emote) [fancy emote]