What tools/apps do the IMMs use for Arm?

Started by gfair, March 08, 2003, 07:38:58 PM

I'm curious to know what sort of tools the IMMs have to interface with the Arm program.  Aside from the telnet/Mud clients, do they have any small custom apps for Arm?

How about the Arm server itself, what is the underlying software architecture?  Do you use MySql or other open source?  Or is it a custom database designed by either Diku or the IMMs?  How many lines of source code are in Arm?

Just curious about the software side of the game.

Spanks.

QuoteI'm curious to know what sort of tools the IMMs have to interface with the Arm program. Aside from the telnet/Mud clients, do they have any small custom apps for Arm?

Mainly web utilities - staff members can upload scripts they want to test, we can approve apps on the web, read typos/bugs/ideas, etc.

QuoteHow about the Arm server itself, what is the underlying software architecture? Do you use MySql or other open source? Or is it a custom database designed by either Diku or the IMMs? How many lines of source code are in Arm?

The code is Diku based. We also have in-game scripts, which used to be written in DMPL (Dan's MUD Programming Language, which was written by one of the original imms, Jhalavar), but have moved to javascript (all hail Tenebrius for implementing this, and for being so responsive  to requests for added features and changes).[/list]

Is Tenebrius still working on the port to C++?

You'd have to ask him; it's the first I've heard of him working on something like that.

I want to say that *must* be a wicked reference to a certain game known as..err..whatchamajigger -- that H'n'S one SOMEONE first started mudding and building in.  They had a login/motd screen with "Port to C++ coming soon!" for two or three years, which adequately excused "The Man" from ever working on the live game.  Dunno if it ever got finished..can't even remember the name of the place for crying out loud.  Definitely one of the classic old hack & slash + PK, give-the-head-imp-money-for-game-perks kinda place.

-Savak
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]

Midthievia?
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Ewww... ewww... ewww!

Don't mention that... that... here.  Please?  Pretty please?

Shinigami is now quite disturbed, no change is visible.
Quote from: DeliriumA hunched shinigami prowls around here, gnashing its teeth.