Special Apps Preference

Started by Twilight, November 16, 2006, 12:25:38 PM

I always thought I would have, well, years to finally do a type of character or two that have always been in the back of mind to play.  Now I find that I don't.  Perhaps some other people out there feel the same way.

I've seen people suggest relaxing the karma levels, so that people can play things they normally couldn't, but the response from staff was not supportive of this.  How about for those roles that are special application only (family members, nobles, templars)?

Thinking about it, I don't really see opening up more slots for those roles as being the answer.  However, I do think that:

A) The extended HRPT should make ample opportunities for people in these roles to die off.

B) People who have not yet gotten a chance to be in these special roles should be given preference over those who have.

I would extend that not only to the common staff sponsored roles (Merchant family, nobles, templars) but to special apps as welll.

What do people think?
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Quote from: "Twilight"
B) People who have not yet gotten a chance to be in these special roles should be given preference over those who have.

If the applicant is capable, I agree.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

A) The extended HRPT should make ample opportunities for people in these roles to die off.

You know, I'm not convinced the number of players in any given guild/race is really considered for Special Apps.  I've always taken it to be done on a player-by-player basis... not "Oh, there are 5 elkrosians in game already because of Karma, best to keep that number."

Edit:  Sorry for the confusion, I misunderstood.

Eternal, Twilight is talking about what is often called 'sponsored roles' instead of 'special applications.'  Sponsored roles being family roles...like Salarr, Kadius, Kurac, Borsail, Tor, etc etc etc family members...not that nilazi, mul or sorc special application.  Sponsored roles ARE limited to a certain amount per family.

Personally, I don't want to see a direct attempt by the staff in the upcoming serial HRPT to kill off or make it easier to kill off family roles.  Who would really want to play one if they suddenly had a really low life-expectancy?  They take time to get established and do anything truly cool with.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.