Some things you never see emoted IG.

Started by Vessol, November 14, 2006, 02:32:34 AM

Ok well just some basic stuff, these are some things I myself have never seen:

Someone with diahria sitting on a toilet(where are they anyways)? For a whole day.

Women shaving their legs

Men having kidney stones(>_<)

Keep it going I suppose! Remember no IC info.

I did have diarrhea once with a char, after drinking something bad, made it all smooth! I realized what it was after the fact and guessed would have bad effects.

And someone walked in on me with my pants down and crying in pain! And was opposite gender!

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

You rarely see ANYONE 'evacuating waste' to begin with, let alone diarrhea.  I know some that have, and have done it myself, though.

I'd like to see someone masturbating in game once...just to say I've seen someone emote it.

People rarely emote their menses.

I've only rarely seen people emote checking someone else out.  With the advent of hemote, though, that may be on the rise and I just haven't noticed. ;)
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Hmm. Not seeing menses, fecal matter, urine, or other bodily waste described in game is just fine by me.  I hope my lucky streak continues, though I don't hold out much hope if I ever run into spawnloser.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
The rest of you, if you see a blingy, buff brunette-blonde pair hanging out together pretty soon at your local bar, just...it's nothing. Move along. (Do not hit on them.)

People making out

People talking to the stars

*frown*

Quote from: "spawnloser"I'd like to see someone masturbating in game once...just to say I've seen someone emote it.

A suggestion from someone who's done just this very thing IG, and even got caught with my PC's hand down their pants literally.. :twisted: ((I even have a log of it, hehe))  For those with a private place (tent, apartment, abandoned shack, shady alley), and time to idle...
change ldesc is here with their hand down/up their pants/skirt
gone afk doing dishes (or whatever)

As far as the rest of it though.. There's some bodily functions I'd rather just avoid. Including evacuation procedures and periods.  :P

QuoteTalking to the stars.

Considering there's so few (if any?) places where you can actually see stars, or people even know about them.. While you're free to go ahead and do it, chances are it'll just give people a chance to say you're nutso.
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

Quote from: "ashyom"People sweating.

Really? I've seen sweating emoted all the time... not JUST in reference to sexual escapades, you pervs, but after sparring, after fleeing from a fight, and when they've been krath-struck.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Menses: Since a female character would be having her period in game once every 3 to 4 RL days, honestly, I'm totally not interested in RPing this. It would be like being constantly on the rag that way...ugh. Besides, you know what? In RL, no one ever knows I'm having my period other than my husband. So why should I emote it in game? Unless your character is sexually involved with my character, it ain't none of your damn business.

Checking people out: Have done it plenty, have been the object of it plenty. (There was a character that used to stare at my character's chest. Hilarious.) Hemote is very fun for that sort of thing. Some characters probably should be more obvious about doing it, though.

Sweating: Have done it, have seen it. Usually it's more fighter types that do this, though. Perhaps others should as well. Hemote is good for this too, if you want to do it subtly like "phemote forehead glistens with a light sheen of sweat"

Making out: Well, that usually gets emoted more in private situations. But it's happening plenty, I'm sure.

What I'd like to see more of is emoting the environment. I'm trying to do more myself, but players who can do it consistently blow me away. I really appreciate how they bring the world to life by emoting wind and weather effects, plants or statues or nearby objects, critters, VNPCs, all that good stuff.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

I have seen sweating and I do it pretty often myself when running around in the desert.  One thing that I see people very rarely doing is taking into account the temperature.  I think people rarely notice when it is really really hot out.  I think the actual temperature is a piece of information the weather command gives that people almost always overlook.

Shivering from the cold, in places it would apply.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

On the menses topic, as far as I know, different people exhibit different symptoms, and it doesn't always happen with every cycle.

I could see something comical about the Byn sergeant having her horrendous mood swings and *just* enough discomfort to decide to pick on every male under her command. :D

I hardly see people RPing 'subtle' things while in an area actually outside a tavern, with the exception of my time in one tribe.  In the wild, I considered myself lucky to RP with someone who bothered to emote actually skinning his kill when he was in front of me, or observing the environment, or whatever have you.

I have rarely ever seen a magicker or other type of "powerful" character screw up stuff.  :D  They usually have perfect, pulsating auras of DoOm once they get old enough. lmfao

Me and Rhyden used to have "evactuation" emote wars in the Byn Latrine. I'd emote it out by myself all the time. I had a character multiple personalities in the byn once, he liked to talk while pooping.
your mother is an elf.

QuotePeople sweating.

Just watch me play, it's like a big spewing ocean of sweat ALL the time.

- So many times people don't take into account weather, folks having nice little chats in the middle of Terrible Biting Sand?

- Emoting how you are not clean, instead of everyone instantly clean self at the entrance of the bar.

- Nose picking, ass scratching, booger eating, nail biting, lice squishing, rash infesting etc. Yes I have seen some of it, but I want more :)
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Quote from: "Vessol"Women shaving their legs

Seen it.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

You know, as far as leg-shaving is concerned, I figured that after years of evolving on a harsh desert world, Zalanthans wouldn't have much body hair.

Besides, who says it's a custom to even shave legs there?

I should make a character who thinks hairy legs are sexy.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Here's a good question, how many characters with shaven heads ever emote getting their heads shaven?  For that matter, how many men enite getting their faces shaven?  Women shaving their legs is one thing, but not every man on Zalanthas wears a beard.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Some men are naturally beardless.  If someone wants to play a male PC but doesn't want to have a beard or deal with the hassle of low-tech shaving, I think it is a-ok for them to decide that their guy just doesn't have much facial hair.

Like, you know how men and women are statistically equal, and everyone always assumes that must mean the women are mannish?  It could just as easily mean that the men have some "feminine" traits.  It might not be that the women are all scary, hairy and hyped up on testosterone, but that their men are less hairy and less testosterone-clogged than ours.  So being naturally beardless, or having a very light and slow growing beard that only needs shaving once a week, might be fairly common.

You can have six fingers and blue skin, beardlessness is no big thing.  

Most of the stuff you don't see emoted often isn't missed.  Bodily functions aren't that fascinating.  Personal hygiene?  Meh.  Once you figure out how you'd manage with extreme water conservation, it becomes pretty dull.
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins