Yes
6 (46.2%)
No
4 (30.8%)
Not sure... Maybe
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: November 11, 2006, 02:49:27 AM

I have seen many problems with this, this idea is totally stealing an idea from another mud but this is a thing I think we should do. Say you enter the room and want to buy a belt, theres several and you want a black one.

buy 2.belt

You have chosen to buy A thick brown belt. Type ACCEPT to buy the belt or CANCEL to cancel the order.

cancel

buy 3.belt

You have chosen to buy A thick black belt. Type ACCEPT to buy the belt or CANCEL to cancel the order.

accept

You buy A thick black belt for blah blah

thats just my two cents (no pun intended)

Interesting idea...and similar have been proposed.

I'm witholding judgement for now, though.  I'll be looking for other threads, when I get the chance, for other discussions on those similar ideas later to see if we can get a 'best idea' formed.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I just wish there was a time limit on when you could return something and get it back for what you payed.

I hate buying the wrong thing and either not being able to sell it back, or, selling it back for a quarter of the price when I haven't even left the store.

I prefer to think of my transaction as an IC occurring event... as such, I would rather see it coded as something like:

>buy 2.kank

The disgrunteld, blue-robed templar says:
"Sure you want that one?"

(Since the code is already there, use this to finish the transaction)
>barter

Using a jarring TYPE YES OR NO statement is bad for roleplay, IMO, and moves us away from the environment a bit much.  I'd be more than willing to pitch in and help write confirmation sayings for merchants and idea them in game if this is implemented... perhaps it would only be on 'bigger ticket' items costing 100 'sid or more, but that's more in-depth, heh.

It would probably work better with:

>buy 2.kank

The disgrunteld, blue-robed templar says:
"Sure you want that speckled pink and orange kank?"

(Since the code is already there, use this to finish the transaction)
>barter

Otherwise people would (i'd so be one of them) make the mistake of thinking they'd still picked the right one.