Re: Seasonal Playing in Ask the Staff

Started by Gimfalisette, November 06, 2006, 12:28:40 PM

My suggestion would be to play an indie ranger (or some other indie type) in the north and get patroned by a noble or a templar. You can ICly explain your absences as "taking a year off to do activity X" or whatever, and when you have some time to play again, the patron will be happy to see you. Nobles and templars tend to stick around, but if you find your patron has disappeared while you're gone...it's easy to find a new one! This way you're sort of part of a clan, your patron will be getting you involved in stuff, but it's not the same as being Kadius hunter #87 and having actual job duties.

Same goes for anyone not having a huge number of login hours per week. The patronage system offers a perfect opportunity to be involved, get into some plot stuff, make some coin, but still manage your own time and not feel like you "have to" play.

[/advertisement for Tuluk]

Edited to add: To clarify, by "in the north" I meant "Tuluki citizen." Can't be a citizen of Luir's or elsewhere and expect to get patronage.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Hang out in red storm.
No one will miss you when you disappear.

Quote from: "Dakurus"Hang out in red storm.
Truest statement made on this thread, hands down.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Removed off-topic stuff to another thread.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

QuoteSame goes for anyone not having a huge number of login hours per week. The patronage system offers a perfect opportunity to be involved, get into some plot stuff, make some coin, but still manage your own time and not feel like you "have to" play.

[/advertisement for Tuluk]

Just gonna say this is soooo true.  Take advantage of the patron system!  It's not like being clanned you still have things you can do and involve your character in but it isn't as demanding okay it's demanding but it isn't as contractual really as well contracted employment through - say - a House.  It is a good medium between House employment and indying.

Also in account to what Tlaloc said with the new opening of the Chosen's I bet there are ALOT of jobs and plot lines opening up in Tuluk to allow your character to make their mark in the game.

Allanak used to be my favorite place starting out but after playing on merchant there Tuluk has become by far my favorite.  Give it at try if you're thinking about a new character.

Not to mention the bardic houses available to you in Tuluk!

Quote from: "Aernis"Shifting gears, I wanted to point something out about Tuluk. In Tuluk the Noble Faction of the triumvirate has _real_ power. Not false power or the appearance of power. The nobility of Tuluk have real power. They can, and have, made laws that were passed. The game of politics and intrigue in Tuluk is huge because of this and right now...

Well, right now, Tuluk is exploring its future through the interactions of the players.

Quote from: "Dakurus"Hang out in red storm.

The question is, was anyone there to miss you in the first place?
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"