Spice Echoes

Started by Bebop, October 25, 2006, 08:04:41 PM

I think spice should echo to you what it echos to the room, you look more relaxed or you start moving about excitedly (whatever that means) that way you know how to RP the effects of the spice you are smoking a little better.  While one spice might be more like a twitchy crack fix another might be the mellow of marijuana.  Heh.  But as it stands right now I don't think you actually see the echo effect like the rest of the room does.

Also I still think spice should be a shitload cheaper so people can actually afford to be addicted, but that ship has sailed.

Oh, I can afford to be addicted...I mean, skip a few more meals here and there, but yeah...
Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

Seconded.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

The spice echoes are kind of odd that way.  The echo to self and room are different, as they ought to be, but a bit off sometimes.  The self echo should reflect the feeling of the spice and its effects on your chars behaviour, while the room echo should portray how it would most likely look to another person.  

For the most part, the echoes do follow this form, but a few spices give what seem to be mixed messages, surprising me when I saw the room echo for a spice and it was about the opposite of what I tended to roleplay based on the self echo.  For a few, the room echo does give rather more evocative or useful information.  So, the fix, I think, would have to be part of a reworking of spice in general instead of just swapping in one set of echos for another or adding an extra echo.