Overhaul of value skill

Started by Raesanos, October 25, 2006, 01:23:43 PM

I overhauled the value skill. Though it is used in the exact same way and provides the same types of information, it acts differently and is more useful.  If you have feedback please email me or post it here.  I'm interested in hearing how you feel it impacts you.  Thanks!

I have a merchant house character, so I certainly appreciate the value skill!

It seems to be working great to me. Tells me the worth of the item, the weight and where it was made.

Value was broken?

All of my merchants basically mastered the skill within a couple of days, so I guess the only people who will really notice the change are subclasses with low-capped value skills.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

yea, i'm pretty sure i capped it out with my subguild, and it was 100% worthless. To get any kind of decent info, the only thing I could do was take two items, value each one at least five times, and compare what seemed to be the average values in order to find out which item was worth more or weighed more.

And as far as checking a single item's weight or value, it was just dumb.

value huge slilt-horror shell
    You think the shell is worth 1 obsidian coins.
    You think the shell weighs about 1 stones.

How is the big changes to the skill. I have never seen or used it before. I see what agent put and gather that is horrible btu not a full picture. If you or someone is willing to explain better then please do.