Started by Majikal, October 24, 2006, 12:14:12 PM

Eh?

I like it, this is better than kittens.
20 (69%)
'mon un hell no'
9 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: October 24, 2006, 12:14:12 PM

Thought it might be neat to add targeting capabilities into changing your ldesc, there are times where this would make entering a room or something like that would make the scene much more fluid. Such as nobles with pc bodyguards or whatever.

>change ldesc is here, standing protectively next to ~fancypants
rooms sees:
The tall muscular dude is here, standing protectively next to lord fancypants

Lord fancypants sees: The tall muscular dude is here, standing protectively next to you.

Normal ldesc things would apply such as changing positions or actions nullify it. Only thing that might be tricky is making it where if the target leaves to the room then it nullifies the altered ldesc as well.

Thoughts? I could think of some fun ways that this could be used as well where sometimes people walking in have to wait for an emote, or a say to understand what is taking place as they enter.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Better than kittens!
b]YB <3[/b]

like it, but might have the same issues incorporating targeted emotes into movement emotes has, and you mentioned: targets not being in the same place.

I think ldesc length might also be a problem, but I definitely like the idea.

One time target, permanent change.

So you target Fancypants, and as long as he is in that room with you, you will have your ldesc, but, if  he leaves, you will go back to standing there until he comes back.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I like it. Add the same to item ldesc and it makes it perfect.

drop cloak draped atop ~dead haphazardly  :twisted:

Quote from: "Forty Winks"I like it. Add the same to item ldesc and it makes it perfect.

drop cloak draped atop ~dead haphazardly  :twisted:

Definately didn't think about that and I like.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

My cat gives me scars like that dude in change locdesc.
1) a big scratch for 0 dollars

Good idea; I vote yes.

Wished for that for years.

Would take a script attached to it though, to reset to default if the target left.
PS
Hymwen's sig scares me.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Very good idea. I've wished many many times that I could do this. Both with my ldesc and with drop descs.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D