The flee command

Started by Vositus, March 03, 2003, 03:15:37 PM

I have a qeustion about the flee command...
When you type flee and are successful you run away. Still with me?
If you type flee and are unsuccessful, why are you still running?

For example, your sparring with your buddy Jimbob in the byn and dont pay attention to your speed status...

The something man slashes you very hard on your head
The something man brutally slashes your neck

PANIC!!You couldnt flee!

The something man flees west

So now you are in the same room running when you diddnt even run, and you dont really even know it (unless its on your prompt thingy). So what Im asking is if maybe you should only run if flee is successful. Or, maybe there is a reason why this insnt 'implemented' anyway?

What about you guys?

My take on your question is the following: You attempted to flee, thus you started running away from your opponent but were stopped by him/her somehow. The message you get is a bit missleading, but you could take it in a couple of ways. The way which would support my theory is the following:
PANIC!!You couldnt flee!
It means you should PANIC because you tried to run but were blocked off by your oponent.

Hope that helps.

The same thing could be said in this situation.
You were running for about an hour then stop somewhere for a good while, lets say a day. Your character is still "running" but your not moving. So thats basically the same thing.

You character is just in 'run' mode. You tried to escape so sped yourself up, still didnt escape but it was assumed you were frantically trying to run away.

Anyways... Its not like you character is actually running around the room everytime your in run mode..

Just add a "%w" to your prompt to show current movement status, whether walking, running, sneaking or such.  I also like "%s" for position (standing, sitting, resting etc) and the language one is kosher if your char is bi/tri/quad lingual(sic?).
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Yeah, my prompt always contains %s, %w> because I always end up running, or not getting up. 'Cause you see, I'll emote something, then never do it. More than enough before I put that in my prompt, I made some elaborate emotes about how I was getting up, walking over to someone, whispering something, then leaving. Then when I smack north "You should get up first"
It's a pain. %s, and %w are saviors.