New Command - Lift

Started by Cale_Knight, October 05, 2006, 05:42:52 PM

Simple enough command. You'd grab a hold of whatever object you wanted to carry without actually attempting to take it into your inventory. This would allow multiple people to carry a single object, dividing the total load amongst everyone participating.[/i]
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

I'm sure this is already possible.

-WP
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

I'd love to know how. I'm not talking about when you partially lift something because it's too heavy to take into your inventory - I'm talking about purposefully lifting it only partially - thus preventing scenarios where an object is just barely under a PC's maximum load, letting him lift it but making it nigh impossible to carry it anywhere.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

It's possible, but only if it's already so heavy you can't lift it on your own.

I believe this suggested command is intended to distribute the weight of something that you could carry on your own, but you want to share the load with other PCs anyway (such as a heavy chest, a body, etc).

get corpse

The bad guy's corpse doesn't budge.

Your friend gets corpse.

The bad guy's corpse lifts halfway from the ground.

-WP

EDIT: Ahhh. I see what you're saying. Good idea, though the above is a definate substitue.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Yeah, something like that would be nice.
b]YB <3[/b]

I personally would like the lift function removed from "get" entirely, and moved to a lift command.  As it is, lifting can get complicated when you are carry multiples of the same items, and you have to drop every single on of those items in order to drop what is being lifted.   You can't reference the lifted item.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Quote from: "Cale_Knight"Simple enough command. You'd grab a hold of whatever object you wanted to carry without actually attempting to take it into your inventory. This would allow multiple people to carry a single object, dividing the total load amongst everyone participating.[/i]

I love the idea, sooo many times I have been out doing one thing or another with my d elf of doomz and had enough strength to lift a corpse, but really didn't want to as that ment I was running three rooms. Thus I was being punished for having enough strength. Good thinking.
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas