Dismember Corpse (warning might be offensive to some)

Started by FightClub, October 04, 2006, 09:47:18 PM

I've been brainstorming over a few -- pretty sick ideas as of late the main idea is basically this take all playable pc races, and allow them to be dismembered.  This would render a head, torso, legs, and arms.  From these parts you could use the craft command to reduce them to certain parts you might want for decoration reasons, like arms for fingers, legs for toes, torso's for hearts, other organs (might be a way to get useable blood into the game) Via pouring hearts into water skins or something of the sort.  From heads you would be able to render eyes, noses, ears, and teeth.  Think of all the jewelry crafts you could do with these things!

Also I would ask that certain body parts, might be able to be worn, sheathed, or wielded.  Such as throwing fingers, toes, wielding arms, and legs, heads, wearing intestines about your body over a shoulder, or maybe just a few arms strapped on your backside to give you a more frightening appearance.

Furthermore I'd like to see the dismembered body able to be attached to weapons.  Such as taking a head, torso, arms, or legs onto a spear for a totem, or for a particularly sick warrior to wear on his backside, with the appropriate penalties for swinging a spear with a humanoid torso hanging from it.

I think things like this might add more color to the sicker people out here, I mean what's a halfling without a necklace of human ears?

But anyways this is my thought for addition, comments, criticisms, complaints.  I'd like to see some input.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j313/FightClub2125/Berserkv11c02p026copy.jpg
The code as I see it being used -- very graphic, so don't look if you'r faint of heart.

-Fight.
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

Lol, Twisted....
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

I think the main reason the imms make PCs bodies non-junkable and non-craftable is because they don't want people to be able to easily hide bodies.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a twisted mutilation crafting system, but it could be abused and I don't think the game would really benefit from it.

I don't really see the use in introducing severed limbs, let alone torso, especially now that the Arrange command is implemented.
Codedly spearing limbs onto weapons seems silly to me; it would dramatically shift the weight, possibly to the point of making the weapon utterly unusable.

Because of that, I'm opposed to allowing limbs to be removed - I just think it wouldn't be useful in any way.

I would like to see the possibility of harvesting a heart from a dead body, however, as well as eyes, hair and teeth from severed heads.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Quote from: "Rhyden"I think the main reason the imms make PCs bodies non-junkable and non-craftable is because they don't want people to be able to easily hide bodies.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a twisted mutilation crafting system, but it could be abused and I don't think the game would really benefit from it.

Pc bodies can still be decapitated, which can (if you roleplay it properly) essentially wipe a person's identity, unless someone comes along that knows that person well, or what he wears if it has not been stripped.  I don't really see this changing things much, other than making it more realistic in hiding bodies, which isn't really my purpose with this, but it is a possibility.

Quote from: "Larrath"I don't really see the use in introducing severed limbs, let alone torso, especially now that the Arrange command is implemented.
Codedly spearing limbs onto weapons seems silly to me; it would dramatically shift the weight, possibly to the point of making the weapon utterly unusable.

Because of that, I'm opposed to allowing limbs to be removed - I just think it wouldn't be useful in any way.

I would like to see the possibility of harvesting a heart from a dead body, however, as well as eyes, hair and teeth from severed heads.

I do see what you mean, and the part you comment on is mostly meant for decoration, not utility.  Such as constructing a totem.  Which can be done via drop emotes.  But that still prohibits someone from carrying around a spear with a head on it, without emoting every time a new person comes into the room as to what is going on.
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

I think this is an interesting thing and should have thought put into, though it already seems very well thought out, to me. I'll go along with it, but -unfortunately- people will 'harvest' people (like me) just for a pretty decoration.

It'd suck to accidentally have my 4th char. find my 3rd char's head hanging from someone's backpack, gear, etc.

>.<
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I approve.

Anyone remember the movie 'Lighning Jack' with Paul Hogan and Cuba Gooding Jr?

-WP would totally wear a testical necklace...
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: "Gunnerblaster"

It'd suck to accidentally have my 4th char. find my 3rd char's head hanging from someone's backpack, gear, etc.

>.<

That would awesome. Forever immortalised. Until someone puts it down in a no save room and the mud crashes that is.

Quote from: "Gunnerblaster"I think this is an interesting thing and should have thought put into, though it already seems very well thought out, to me. I'll go along with it, but -unfortunately- people will 'harvest' people (like me) just for a pretty decoration.

>.<

Bumped for greatness, and well that's sort of the idea, that and all of your friends seeing it too.  We must take this straight to the senate! Yay for disembodied lovers, and enemies!

Quote from: "FightClub"We must take this straight to the senate! Yay for disembodied lovers, and enemies!

-clutches his sword closer to himself, dreading the on-coming tide of body 'harvesters' that are sure to come-
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: "Gunnerblaster"
Quote from: "FightClub"We must take this straight to the senate! Yay for disembodied lovers, and enemies!

-clutches his sword closer to himself, dreading the on-coming tide of body 'harvesters' that are sure to come-

See the fear is beginning to manifest in the minds of our enemies!   :shock:

Seems a bit distasteful to me, like something you'd expect of Halflings, or dark things infesting deep corners of the world.

Quote from: "Eternal"Seems a bit distasteful to me, like something you'd expect of Halflings, or dark things infesting deep corners of the world.

Yes, well distasteful should be an option if one would like to take it, face it, coming to town loaded in blood drenched armor doesn't have much shock value anymore.  This might help restore the way.

I just watched "The Departed" and I wan't to see hands able to be chopped of with the rings still on them, that was just a fun scene.
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

I'd love to see it. Not for wearing bodyparts, but for disposing of bodies. It's much more fun killing someone, cutting them up and hiding the pieces than it is killing someone, emoting cutting them up and emote hiding the pieces. :P

Also, giving someone the finger of their dead friend is much neater than giving them a big ol' bloody head.
Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are.
- Arthur Golden

I AGREE, VIVA LA DISMEMBERMENT!

I've always wished you could skin humanoid corpses just like you can skin animals. but the head would always remain intact. I believe I've seen gear made from elf parts, it'd be great (and frightening) if it was hard-coded so bitter elves can make clothes and/or weapons out of human hides.

Quote from: "Uberskaapie"I've always wished you could skin humanoid corpses just like you can skin animals. but the head would always remain intact. I believe I've seen gear made from elf parts, it'd be great (and frightening) if it was hard-coded so bitter elves can make clothes and/or weapons out of human hides.

Lets shred this to the ground, unionize, and gather together to complete the dismemberment cycle, we want more than nifty heads to use as treasures and ornaments, we want gruesomeness, we want woman suits, more ways to hide bodies, more utilitarian uses for corpses!  With my plan we can do it! Huzzah, Huzzah!

You can't even keep the nifty heads as treasures/ornaments unless you get an imm to make it a permanent item.  :cry:

Quote from: "Rhyden"You can't even keep the nifty heads as treasures/ornaments unless you get an imm to make it a permanent item.  :cry:

True enough, you'd need to figure a way in game to preserve such a beautiful tool, although a skull should maintain well enough.  But yes, HEARD TROPHIES! Thrones of SKULLS! craft skull skull skull skull skull skull skull femur femur femur femur femur femur femur hand hand foot foot into A throne of human bones!  Booyah, see templar badmofo black robe sitting on that, you'd probably pee your pants, wondering which part of you was going to be added to it.

I wasn't on the boards when this topic was originally posted, but I like the idea.

Even if the idea is 'distasteful' and something that 'Rinthers or halflings would do, think of it this way: Zalanthas is a harsh would. In particularly harsh times, people will stoop to lower-than-usual means in order to survive. People in Zalanthas are driven by the need to survive.

Does that mean human flesh should be a regularly featured dish at the Tembo's Tooth?

No, but realistically, in such a survival-minded society, what would be so taboo about going all Donner Party on your ranger if he dies when you're out hunting, eh?
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Have you started writing up crafts/recipes?
You need recipes for bodies, body parts into smaller body parts, those body parts into craftable body parts, and those parts into ornamentation.

How many have you written?

That is a lot of work, you should write as many craft recipes for the final product before working your way back to craft head into useable parts.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: "FightClub"craft skull skull skull skull skull skull skull femur femur femur femur femur femur femur hand hand foot foot into A throne of human bones!

That made me warm inside.

I would like to see heads staying around indefinitely in save-rooms.  How cool would it be in gith were coded to take heads, and carry them back to their (save-coded) lair.

Or corpses of people...now, THAT would be treasure.  If it was deep in their lair, it could build up for months!

Morrolan
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

I was thinking about this the other day. Heads shouldn't disintergrate (and bodies disintergrate way too fast).

Perhaps bodies/heads should have a 'rotten' period where they would also add a really horrid smell to the room and possibly cool random echos about the smell.

And also, I think heads should turn into skulls. That can be kept! Would be nice if they were a bit more individual too. Obviously 'the skull of the small brown haired girl' wouldn't make sense but 'a small skull from a human female' 'a massive half-giant skull' 'the slender skull of a female elf' and such might be cool.

Quote from: "Plumbum"
Quote from: "FightClub"craft skull skull skull skull skull skull skull femur femur femur femur femur femur femur hand hand foot foot into A throne of human bones!

That made me warm inside.

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I could see the allanak army having the standard practice of walking into battle with the heads of Tuluki's on their spears, swords, or strapped to their shields. Not to mention a bunch of rinthers that would likely do somthing like it.

Also I've always wanted there to be a thing kinda like the warpaints you can find in some places IG except that it's blood and you can draw it from a kill.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams