Immunity

Started by amish overlord, September 30, 2006, 05:55:43 PM

Prehaps a new templar command called immunity, work like incriminate cept would make whoever they grant it immune to do certain action for a certain length of time. Been in situations where would be given permission to  do something, then ooc'd actually dont!
simply because soldiers might gang bag you even if the templar gives you permission.

As said this could be abused. but can of course be monitored
be like this:

immunity <character name> <duration in hours> [<type of crime>]

so be made immune to anything or soemthing specific. And can have a fixed length of time or not. And of course can be revoked

immunity <character name> none

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

Not a bad idea, I kinda like it.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

I think that's a fine idea. Abuse is of course possible, but so are half the commands in the game and I think templar PCs can be trusted with this just as they can be trusted with the ability to pardon anyone of any crime.

Lord Templar Tightpants is out of spice could let the soldiers at the gate know that the afro-haired, ebony-skinned man is allowed to pass through with a brick of krentakh.

Faithful Lady Mindblank could let the Legion know that the short, dark-eyed breed known as Amos the Smotherer has legally purchased a license to kill Dingbat Kadius.

So on so forth.
b]YB <3[/b]

I seen a mud with a deputize cmd and actually liked it a lot. I would like to see it, just not mass use of it. It would annoy me to find out half the people around me are deputized (as was in the other mud  :evil: )
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

Awesome idea.
QuoteTemplar: Hey, you.
Man: Yeah?
Templar: Want to join the militia?
Man: Yeah!
Templar: Good. Kill that elf. If you live, find my mind.
The badass elven magicker grins at you, magickal lightning arcing across his mul-like muscles as an aura of pure evil awesomeness surrounds him.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Certain actions could automatically revoke said immunity, bothering a noble aka attacking them, attacking a templar or soldier of city.

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

As long as assault on representatives of the legal process would automatically revoke immunity?  Sure.

Seriously, if a Templar can pardon someone after a crime, why not pardon them before the crime too?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

That would save the trouble of having to add people to the Arm or Legions codedly for a mission, and having to unclan them all afterward.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Excellent idea, amish overlord. Knowing Morgenes & co this is already 97% complete by now.

I'd like for it to be an item. Something like a discrete pin or badge that soldiers would notice but not many others would. You would return the pin when finished with your mission.

Also, this gives me the opportunity to pick it off your dead body.

A little extra effort to be able to specify some keywords for narrowing it down wouldn't be so bad either.

Syntax:

immunity <deputy> <duration> [keyword list]

Examples:
    * Allowing someone to deal with elves with impunity. (Clean out the elven warrens to make way for a Super Kohmart).
    * Best effort attempt to specify a particular victim. (Assassination or thieving licenses)

This idea rocks.

-Williamson
"Let sleeping characters sleep naked." -Azroen

This is a pretty cool idea. It has alot of potential.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D