What do you peeps think?

Started by Chronicle, September 30, 2006, 04:21:20 PM

Dunno if this has come up before, but I was thinking about the fight code and I was wondering, wouldn't it be neat if you could start aiming all your attacks at a particular part of your opponents body?
For example, you're fighting someone and you type this:

aim attacks body
>You begin aiming your attacks at <person's> body.

This will up the % chance of hitting that persons body, but decrease the % chance to hit that person anywhere else. The only reason you -would- hit them anywhere else is because of their movements or them getting another body part in the way.

You could do this with any part of the body as well:

aim attacks head
>You begin aiming your attack at <person's> head.
aim attacks leg
>You begin aiming your attacks at <person's> legs.

etc. etc.

This will allow for neater and more accurate emoting during combat, since you have a pretty good idea where the next strike is going to land.
Just a thought, any suggestions or comments?

Eh, I don't know... it'll simply make combat too deadly, especially when a skilled fighter attacks a less skilled one. And coupled with the new defense code and the daze code, it'll just be too much.
b]YB <3[/b]

Well, it would make PKers a tad bit more dangerous if they are better than you, yes. But with this suggestion I mean if you were to aim a strike at the vital points of a person, i.e. the head and neck, the chance to hit those would increase slightly, but not as much to hit the other spots, maybe have a defense code to counter it? Guard attacks head? That way people aren't blasting away at your head and neck -only-.

This is good for training though. For instance you are in the Byn, and you're a badass sergeant and you -know- this green newbie is about to take the whoopin' of his life? Why not aim all your attacks at his legs or his body? That way you don't unspeakable his head? hehe. Just a thought.

Perhaps if you were to make it where your characters skills are dependent upon whether this will work or not? If you don't know how to use your weapon of course there is a better chance of you not hitting where you are aiming. Same with your offense as well, or your opponents defense and their skills.

Wouldn't everyone just do 'aim attack head'? Or 'aim attack neck' to do most damage?

Sorry, I don't like it.

Perhaps this could be a branched skill for only the elite warriors? hehe:P

I am not sure but, I have noticed as I get better and fight more "statis" opponents (ppl that aren't gaining in skill with me, i.e. scrab, jozhal, etc.)
certain weapons start hitting areas more often, I had a deadly ranger that had a staff and when I attacked I -almost- always hit in the head in his later years, same with a sword wielding warrior who would open with two or three slashes to the neck. It could have been a huge coinkydink, but it seemed to only happen as I got better over my "Stasis" opponents.
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

I just sort of assume that my character is already trying to attack the person's head or neck...
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

I recall not too long ago that one of the staff had, as a distant upcoming project, the ability to target body parts using archery.  Perhaps they have already considered adding the same for melee?
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you

This topic has come up more than once over the years.  I know because I brought it up once :)

Right here

Also here by someone else

and elsewhere, I'm sure.
"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

Yeah this had been discussed.

Basically I suggest find a friend, grab a couple of sticks, start doing some fake sword fighting, only halfway through, switch so that you really only aim for their left arm and see how long it takes them to pick up on it and defend your suddenly very predictable actions.

I would be into this if 1) We had location based damage and 2) If it was limited to one or two attempts per fight.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Quote from: "Rhyden"Wouldn't everyone just do 'aim attack head'? Or 'aim attack neck' to do most damage?

Sorry, I don't like it.

>aim fireball head.

>You cast fireball at unlucky joe.

>unlucky joe screams in tremendous amounts of pain, then crumples to the ground, headless and very much dead.

Not much of a point, but it's funny to imagine it.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I would say it would be better if it was used only for the first attack where it is much easier to aim an attack, unlike in the middle of a fight where you are trying to defend and attack with little time to think.
CC

Quote from: "coolconder"I would say it would be better if it was used only for the first attack where it is much easier to aim an attack, unlike in the middle of a fight where you are trying to defend and attack with little time to think.
That makes logical sense.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.