Combat tweaking?

Started by FightClub, September 28, 2006, 05:48:47 AM

Anyone get the feeling combat has been nerfed beyond the defense? It seems like I'm universally hitting less frequently and for less damage than usual, anyone else?
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

Everything seems normal to me.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

i dont think npc defenses are affected samely as pc's..
I was able to land 10 blows at X animal in 30 rounds.
X animal never was able to touch me.
now:
i am again landing 10 blows at X in around 30 rounds.
X animal destroys my ass during combat, landing vicious blows in every 1 of 2 attacks.

NPCs and PCs were affected equally by all recent changes (both to the 'defense' changes (which are really parry/shield use changes) and the daze code.  If you are fighting animals, you will find that they are as defensive as they were before because they don't use weapons or shields (except the elusive raptor or two that defy conventions) and therefore had no loss to skill because they never would parry in the first place.

There was no change to the damage code.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: "najdorf"X animal destroys my ass during combat, landing vicious blows in every 1 of 2 attacks.
Yeah. Same story, here. Beh. I'm afraid of the dunes, let alone the kank stables, now...

>Gunner gives Ugly Templar so-so obsidian coins for a kank.

>Gunner hitches kank.

>Kank bites Gunner's head, dealing grievious damage.

>Gunner glares evily at the chuckling, Ugly Templar.

[P.S. - That coded thing was completely random. I'm just bored and I find it funny. ^^]
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Clearly, the Immz are eating our brainz.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Quote from: "FightClub"Anyone get the feeling combat has been nerfed beyond the defense? It seems like I'm universally hitting less frequently and for less damage than usual, anyone else?

I felt that way in my last encounters with npc's  and pc's however I have no proof that it was no more than coincidence all be it on many occasions.  This was a character who used to land most blows against most prey who suddenly stopped being so good offensively and defensively.  This was probably just a matter of coincidence, so I just roleplayed it out as I saw fit.