Religions and Tattoos...

Started by Marikunin, September 26, 2006, 09:00:37 PM

Does each deity have a specific tattoo design or anything? Just curious.

There are no deities, per se.

There are, however, Sorceror-Kings who inspire/demand loyalty/worship.

Someone wishing to express their loyalty to Tektolnes would probably have a dragon or a jade cross tattoo.

Someone wishing to do the same for Muk Utep would probably have a sunburst or a white pyramid.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I mean like Vivadu or Ruk....oh wait those are elements...my bad.

QuoteI mean like Vivadu or Ruk....oh wait those are elements...my bad.

It's fairly well known that there are symbols that represent the elements. A very common place to find that is any deck of Kruth cards in the game.

The other way to find out more about symbols and representations of the elements if of course, to look IC :)
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

You might want to try talking to a gemmed from Allanak.

Or, you might not.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

QuoteWhere do you get Kruth cards?
That can be found out very easily IC.
If you're able, and it's in-character for you to do so, you might want to consider talking to a magicker, or taking a look around the Magicker's Quarter of Allanak.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

I would also keep in mind that a tattooed of a defaced national symbol (broken jade cross, for example) will probably get you gutted in that symbol's city of origin. Further, riding into Tuluk painted up in Allanak colours is liable to get you disappeared.

Generally speaking, though - to generalize from what you can find already in the docs:
Allanak: jade crosses, dragons, black walls, green and black, and anti-Tuluk symbols
Tuluk: red suns, silver moons, white pyramids, pyramids with suns in them particularly, red and white, and anti-Allanak symbols.

To add something to what jstorrie said...

In Tuluk, it's not really 'red suns, silver moons,' as much as it is, 'red suns, and red & white moons.'
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.