Auto renew Apartments code

Started by daedroug, September 04, 2006, 09:05:34 PM

Just a quick simple idea but i think it would be nice if there was a way to talk to the Nenyuk bank and have them automatically pay for your apartment each time the rent is due, just in case your away from the mud for some reason at the time where your need to pay the rent. This would obviously be optional and end when there is no more money left in your bank account, which after that it would be just as if your payed up amount had ended. I would think this could also be variable between either paying the maximum each time or the minimum. Obviously this might tie up apartments more then they are rigth now however from my observations they arn't usually that full anyways. I just think this would help aleviate people who forget to log in to rerent their apartment and end up losing all of their things along with their apartment because of it.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

Yes. Please.

You should have seen the looks my boyfriend gave me when we were on holiday,

"Baby, I don't want to spoil our holiday, but I really need to jump onto the internet real quick and just pay my rent."

"You pay your rent online?"

"Uhm, no...my...rent...for...my...imaginaryapartmentonthatonlinetextgame I play."  :oops:

It was good. Sometimes real life calls. And I think it's kinda annoying that you either have to

a. log on at a really difficult time

or

b. accept the fact you're going to lose everything your char owns...because you took a break.

This has been suggested before and I think the imms said no.
b]YB <3[/b]

oh? i tried to find one but i didn't see it, if there is a previous post can some one post a link.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

The notes I have suggest that the apartments aren't designed to be permanent dwellings. Thus you need to be conscientious about renewing your rent. The length of time you are allowed to rent for, in total, should be long enough to cover a reasonable RL timeframe. Remember that there are a finite number of apartments and a lot of people who want to use them.

This is mainly designed to keep someone from renting six apartments for an RL month then only logging in to use them once in a blue moon.

I think we all realize you may have extenuating circumstances, and it may be possible to work with you in some cases, but those should not be the norm.
nless explicitly stated, the opinions of this poster do not necessarily represent all staff.

Halaster the Shroud of Death sings, in unnaturally gutteral sirihish:
    "S
     T
     F
     U"

Currently you get roughly 9-10 days RL to renew your rent...Maybe be this could be upped to 14-15? This would probably cover most peoples absences/holidays.

Barring this, by 'possible to work with you' do you mean if we can't be around for a certain length of time, for a specific reason, we could ask the staff to help out with situations like this?

I hardly think that less then 10 days RL is going to cover more thena half hearted school vacation, let alone any family vacation, Wedding + honeymoon, or Business trip. And with the number of people playing Arm such things are bound to be happening quiet often. From what i've seen the Apartments are usually less then half full.  Maybe the code could be made to limit it to a month RL tops before they are evicted.
     -Douglas Adams

-Douglas Adams

9-10 seems high, actually. I think it's closer to seven.

I think rent should be upped to monthly - just like the Nenyuki charged when they were PCs. That's roughly two weeks between payments and a far more reasonable time-frame, I think.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau