How things are now.

In a set of wooden shelves(here) :
a couple of curved insect mandibles
a few long, sharp yellowy tooths
a short, heavy jawbone
a couple of gortok skulls

What I propose:

In a set of wooden shelves(here) :
a couple of curved insect mandibles set out ceremonially on a small cloth.
a few long, sharp yellowy tooths
a short, heavy jawbone
a gortok skull forming a line with the other skulls.
a gortok skull forming a with other skulls across the shelf.

Keeping the actual item name at the start and clear, to avoid trouble. I know this might be very difficult with the current code, and it would be for items flagged as furniture.

That'd be neat, but not desperately needed.
b]YB <3[/b]

I have been wanting this for quite some time.  If you have a desk, bed, wardrobe, game mat, shelves, cabinets or chests, the ability to change the ldesc of objects on or within adds far more life to a room.  

:arrow: The way a person has their desk arranged could potentially speak volumes about them as a character.  

:arrow: Having a box set on the shelves and surrounded by feathers would give the contents of said box far more importance than just "a small wooden box is here".

:arrow: You could have stones lined in a certain order, waiting for somebody to come into the room and rearrange them, thereby leaving a coded message.

:arrow: Thieves who have messed with a small box or the contents of a chest might adjust the ldescs of a few objects within a container to show that they were messed with.

:arrow:  If you just had sex on somebody's bed, you could make the sheets on it be strewn in a haphazard mess.  

:arrow:  Tools could be left showing signs of recent use, weapons signs of being cleaned, shirts with wrinkles, vases tipped over.  So many possibilities. :)

While cool this would be, I've a feeling it'd be more trouble than it's worth.  There's so much else I'd rather have done.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I'd personally love to see this done. While there are lots of other things I'd like to see done. This is definately one of them. I keep thinking about it when I'm playing. Like wanting to lay things out on a table in a certain way, rather than just have them thrown on it.

I'd also like to be able to look in containers that are ON objects. If this is already possible...please tell me how!

Oh, and Yang?  Just 'arrange' the desc or shelves to show how things are laid out in them maybe?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.