Half-Elf Weight

Started by TiberiusAlaric, September 01, 2006, 03:05:54 AM

Why do Elves have higher weight ranges than Half-Elves? Given the fact that a Half-Elf has a portion of the bulk of their human parent and the height of their Elven parent, you would imagine that they would be bigger than either one.  :?  8)

I'd imagine that elves, despite being thinner, simply have more volume due to height and thus more mass.

Quote from: "jstorrie"I'd imagine that elves, despite being thinner, simply have more volume due to height and thus more mass.

I simply do not see that as being the case. Yes, an Elf can be a foot taller than a Half-Elf, but they also have remarkably slimmer bodies. Furthermore, even if they were capable of weighing more, I don't see how it is possible for them to weigh upwards of 260 lbs. Perhaps an additional ten-stone, but three ten-stones? Come on!  :?

I propose that the weights for Elves and Half-Elves be switched since it only seems logical.  8)

Muscle density.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

This is an obvious one. Nobody likes half elves. We all make them starve.

But it does seem odd... I'd think that halfbreeds could get heavier, since they do have more human in them and we've all seen american obesity rates..
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Actually, I always pictured humans, half-elves and elves having the same weight ranges. 6-9 ten stone.  What is elf range again?

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "TiberiusAlaric"Yes, an Elf can be a foot taller than a Half-Elf, but they also have remarkably slimmer bodies. Furthermore, even if they were capable of weighing more, I don't see how it is possible for them to weigh upwards of 260 lbs. Perhaps an additional ten-stone, but three ten-stones? Come on!  :?
I don't know where you're getting your information, but since a tenstone weighs 22 lbs if I've been informed correctly, the most an elf, half-elf, or human could possibly weigh while still following the norm is 198 lbs.

Half-elves have the same weight range as humans, but at the same time are taller.  This means they weigh the same, but it's distributed amongst a longer frame.  Thus half-elves are taller and thinner than humans.
Back from a long retirement

Speaking about weight and going a little off topic, I find it hard sometimes to figure out weight.  but not just that, in stat where it says you are very light.. or light.  What is the order? Where does no problem come in with that?  

I is so confuwsed.

Quote from: "EvilRoeSlade"I don't know where you're getting your information, but since a tenstone weighs 22 lbs if I've been informed correctly, the most an elf, half-elf, or human could possibly weigh while still following the norm is 198 lbs.

Yeah, I just realized that after looking at the size chart. I thought it depicted merely the weight at first, so I was  :? , but now I'm a little  :oops: , but overall  8) .

Thanks.

1 ten stone = 10 kilograms
10 kilograms = 22 pounds

9 * 22 = 198, so ERS is correct.

Quote from: "UnderSeven"Speaking about weight and going a little off topic, I find it hard sometimes to figure out weight.  but not just that, in stat where it says you are very light.. or light.  What is the order? Where does no problem come in with that?  

I is so confuwsed.
This has nothing to do with a character's weight, but rather their encumbrance... a measure of how much the junk they're carrying weighs them down.  Does that help?

Order:

Very light
No problem
Light
Easily manageable
Manageable
Heavy, but manageable
Very heavy
EXTREMELY HEAVY

I'm not exactly sure about the last two, truth be told.
Back from a long retirement

Quote from: "Dakkon Black"But it does seem odd... I'd think that halfbreeds could get heavier, since they do have more human in them and we've all seen american obesity rates..

Holy fuck. Never, EVER fuckin talk about America as if we are the most gluttonous country in the world... People seem to overlook that obesity rates are MUCH higher in many European countries (Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Greece, Malta and Slovakia) have a higher percentage of men are obese or overweight than the estimated 67 percent of men in the United States. Greece is the fattest fucking country in the world! Despite what you hear on the news... Get some credible research. Like this> http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/printthread.php?t=6684

(sorry for ranting a bit, there... :D )
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Quote from: "Melkor"
Quote from: "Dakkon Black"But it does seem odd... I'd think that halfbreeds could get heavier, since they do have more human in them and we've all seen american obesity rates..

Holy fuck. Never, EVER fuckin talk about America as if we are the most gluttonous country in the world... People seem to overlook that obesity rates are MUCH higher in many European countries (Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Greece, Malta and Slovakia) have a higher percentage of men are obese or overweight than the estimated 67 percent of men in the United States. Greece is the fattest fucking country in the world! Despite what you hear on the news... Get some credible research. Like this> http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/printthread.php?t=6684

(sorry for ranting a bit, there... :D )

There is no way that the obesity rate in germany is higher than in the US - you're close to fattest, sorry ;)

No idea about greece.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Quote from: "EvilRoeSlade"
Order:

Very light
No problem
Light
Easily manageable
Manageable
Heavy, but manageable
Very heavy
EXTREMELY HEAVY

I'm not exactly sure about the last two, truth be told.

I'm pretty sure that at the top end of the scale it goes

Very heavy
VERY heavy
Extremely heavy
Unbelievably heavy
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

I'd personally like to know also why half elves can not be as short as humans, even though at times they can pass for them, especially the young half elves at the maturity of thirteen can not be as short.

I agree, I think that half-elven height and weight ranges should probably be tweaked a little.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

As you get taller, it is only natural that you weigh more. Instead of your muscles being condensed into a smaller area the way a human does, you have an elf that has the same amount (or more, since they run everywhere) of stretched tight over a longer set of bones. Tight muscles are easier to break. Breakage means more muscles.

I agree with spawnloser anyway.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime