At least a D for effort?

Started by IAmJacksOpinion, August 30, 2006, 12:54:56 PM

I don't know about other skills, but I've noticed that it's basically impossible to use hide unless you have it in your skills list. I noticed it the other day when my character tried to hide.  It went, basically, like this:

hide
You search around for a good place to hide.
<//five minutes pass//>
think Feck this.
W
Your concentration falters..

Why can't I at least TRY to hide, but then utterly fail?  I mean, you can try to skin if you haven't got the skill and even half-ass succeed sometimes! TO SKIN!? That's something you have to pick up on. EVERYONE can play hide and seek.  You don't need any skills or special knowledge to hide or sneak. You may not be very good at it, but you can sure as shit do it.

That's the only skill I noticed this about. I mean, there's probably more out there. But why can't you at least -try- even if you'll almost certainly fail? [/i]
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

See my response to your other thread.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Please don't create multiple threads for the same topic.
nless explicitly stated, the opinions of this poster do not necessarily represent all staff.

Halaster the Shroud of Death sings, in unnaturally gutteral sirihish:
    "S
     T
     F
     U"