Your most dissatisfying deaths

Started by Tired and a little sad, August 25, 2006, 11:43:46 PM

Quote from: "Kreig"Lame.  Plain and simple.  That's all I've got to say.

I don't know what happened, but I was sad (out of character, that is) to hear.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

I was on about my third character, and had stayed alive for what I thought was a great amount of time for a new character.

I had just been offered an awesome job that I was completely thrilled about. And during my first duty, I was killing a gurth. The day before I had lost my kank, and gotten an inix. When the gurth pulled into its shell, i was using 'shell' as my target. And of course, it pulls out from the other person's attack, and I start attacking my inix.

Needless to say, short death due to a very stupid move on my part. Painful targeting lesson well learned.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead." - Albert Einstein

So fucking lame.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Another death of mine-- First PC. I'm fresh from another RPI MUD, eagerly awaiting the wonderful and beautiful RP Arm has so richly promised me. I walk into a tavern and lo, find other PCs there. One of them even goes so far as to -talk- to my PC!

I, trusting little creature that I was, drink the waterskin he offers me and die within minutes, vomitting the contents of my PC's entire waistline out onto the street. Death by Sewage.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

When people pull crap like that, you should log it and send it in to the Imms.

That situation constitutes -obvious- twinking, and he probably deliberately targeted you because you were a newbie.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Wolfsong's death is the reason why 9 new players out of 10 never return to Armageddon afterward.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: "Malken"Wolfsong's death is the reason why 9 new players out of 10 never return to Armageddon afterward.

9/10 players probably don't belong here either.
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

Eh, I'd say that was a fair death.  The docs are pretty explicit that strangers shouldn't be trusted.  Besides, maybe you played so well that he didn't know you were a newbie.   :wink:

Quote from: "FightClub"
Quote from: "Malken"Wolfsong's death is the reason why 9 new players out of 10 never return to Armageddon afterward.

9/10 players probably don't belong here either.

I would say that neither is correct.  Let's not digress down this path.
This post is a natural hand-made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and are in no way to be considered flaws or defects.

The reason it's not a fair death is that no person in their right mind would actually -swallow- a mouthful of raw sewage, even if they had the world's worst cold and couldn't -smell- the contents of the waterskin before they took a swig.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: "Synthesis"The reason it's not a fair death is that no person in their right mind would actually -swallow- a mouthful of raw sewage, even if they had the world's worst cold and couldn't -smell- the contents of the waterskin before they took a swig.

Amen to that.

However if it had been sleeping poison, and the man had then dragged him into the desert, stolen his boots and killed him. Thus leaving him dead within the same time. It would have been fair.

Unfair deaths need reporting.

Fair deaths need to be dealt with.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Good idea, nice character...power goes out and that seldom if ever happens equals mantis head.   Feck!!!!!!
I'd rather be lucky than good.

Quote from: "Cowboy"Good idea, nice character...power goes out and that seldom if ever happens equals mantis head.   Feck!!!!!!

Happened to me during Katrina.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Going out of my way to help a new player, and dying trying to save them. Pretty sad.

That coupled with 15 failed flees in an open area. The code strikes again.
Free your hate.

Ok. I had this ranger die because out group got cocky and decided we were going to go after a Mek that the boss had seen on his way back from storm, and well.... about three died.

About an hour later after i got over how stupid that had been:
Made me a warrior/weapons maker, went through my naki routine of buying a kank, bags, glasshacker, and headed out the west gate, only to find a mekillot standing there (probably the same one!) Killed me in one or two bites.  My time wasn't up, so I waited about 20 mins and logged back in.  By that time he was dead, but i was crime coded by a templar that had seen me at the gates before I died/ressurected.  Needless to say i died by torture.

So basically i had one mek responsible for THREE deaths!!!! What the Feck?!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

That sucks a bit. Yup.

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I got reeled to death by an NPC type that my character regularly hunted with little problem.  It sucked.  That is all.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"I got reeled to death by an NPC type that my character regularly hunted with little problem.  It sucked.  That is all.

Was it a Verrin Hawk?

Those bastards get me all the time.  :shock:

I'd rather not say, it being recent.  It would be too strong an indication to some people that I played a particular character.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

My most recent dead character ate a fruit that he picked out in the plains. Was hungry, so he ate it. Started feeling bad, thought it was just a bit of minor food poisoning that's been experienced several times before with no dire effects. Turns out too late that said fruit was lethal.  :(

I had one similar experience.  Carried this piece of fruit in a container that i DID NOT carry food in until my character could ask someone he trusted about it. (I had never seen it IC or OOC) so i didn't know anymore about it that my character did.

I was in my apartment one day with plenty of food around, and for lack of thinking typed something to the affect of:
>get fruit containerX [enter]
>eat fruit [enter]
with a speed that would make any mudder proud.  We'll needless to say, HP start dropping slowly, but quite steadily.

I managed to find a healer at about 12 HP, if I remember correctly.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Ah yes, the dread mystery-fruit death.  If you want to find out if an unknown food-like item is actually food, the easiest way is to try to sell it to a grocer NPC.  Since he has been dealing in foodstuffs his whole life, he can recognize the difference between wholesome food and certain death.  If a grocer won't buy it, it is probably because he has the knowledge and experience to realize that it is not food.  All perfectly IC and above board.

Of course a real roleplayer will continue to eat the mystery fruit with all future characters, just to prove that he doesn't abuse OOC information.
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Thanks Angie, I'll be sure to remember that advice next time I want to prove how hardcore of an armmer I am.  I about spewed my drink all over my laptop on that one...

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Grebber - One who grebs.

Over poisonous fruit In Game?

That's hard core RP.

Had a ruk over half a year ago, got knocked out by (X) after he (X'd) it. Friend tried to drag him to safety, succeeded but stacked up two movement commands rather than just one, dragged him off a cliff by accident. Friend could (X) so no big deal, but my char fell, surviving the fall.

But not the braxat at the bottom who one-shotted for over 100 health.

Needless to say, was a bit sour to die due solely to an extra movement command.
<Morgenes> Dunno if it's ever been advertised, but we use Runequest as a lot of our inspiration, and that will be continued in Arm 2
<H&H> I can't take that seriously.
<Morgenes> sorry HnH, can't take what seriously?
<H&H>Oh, I read Runescape. Nevermin