Karma Requirements

Started by Volke, August 23, 2006, 01:06:21 AM

How much Karma is required for each race, and each guild?

Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Nothing about Halflings, Mantises, and the other races in there.

Anything that isn't on that list is special-app only.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Halflings are by special application only. Mantis and gith are currently not open for play at all.
subdue thread
release thread pit

Mantises and Gith aren't open for play at the moment, regardless of how much karma you have.  It might be possible to get a gith PC with a special app, but I'd say the chances are that are astronomically slim, and a mantis would be harder still.

Halflings are in the state of being re-opened, and are currently special app-only, so karma doesn't really matter there.  When they are reopened, I think they'll be around 3-4 karma, but that's just a guess.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

There'd be no reason to apply for a gith, though, as you'd be essentially the only person you could play with. Same goes for mantis/braxat/silt horror.

Quote from: "Volke"Nothing about Halflings, Mantises, and the other races in there.

I begged and groveled for awhile last year for a Mantis. I even sent beer.
It was all to no avail.
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

I did not receive any beer.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

moab, make sure to send any alcohol by registered mail. I don't know about you, but I've already played four mantis sorcerors in the past two months.

Damnit.  Adhira stole the beer.  I doth think she protest too much.

We have had players special app and get some really strange characters.  I could tell you, but then I'd have to have Halaster breath on you.
brainz: it's what's for dinner.

Anybody remember Clicky the Kank? :lol:
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Angela Christine"Anybody remember Clicky the Kank? :lol:

Yup. I clicked at him.
Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.

I'm trying to earn 12 karma so that I can play an honest-to-god Dark Sun Gaj.  That, and I'm saving up so that I can send the IMMs each a bottle of Dom Perignon.

It's gonna be a while...
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

You are welcome to send in a halfling special app atm since the clan is open right now.  One of the things we are trying to do is figure out whether or not they can remain open on a permanent (or at least longer than last time) basis -- if that becomes the case, they will get added into the karma tree, probably at a fairly high level.  If numbers increase -- and they have been, albeit slowly -- eventually I would like to add other nonhuman races in.  There are two possibilities that have been PC races before, the gith and the mantis, and several new candidates, including a plant-based race, a feline race, and mutants.

People currently running halflings can testify to the amount of work that went into creating their specific area and the code/scripts backing up the race with more in store.  With any new race that goes in, it's crucial to make sure that there are several things in place, including documentation, guidelines that spell out what staff expectations for the clan are, and building a space that provides them with ample roleplay opportunities. (And part of the experiment is seeing whether the third part works for the current halflings or not.)  

One of the things I am trying to do right now with the clan is "train" a set of players who are familiar with the culture and thus pass it along as new players appear.  

Sorry to ramble, I hope that it's at least faintly interesting to see some of the method behind the madness.  Believe it or not, we do have some over-arching plans. :)

Quoteand several new candidates, including a plant-based race, a feline race, and mutants.
:shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Quote from: "Sanvean"Sorry to ramble, I hope that it's at least faintly interesting to see some of the method behind the madness.  Believe it or not, we do have some over-arching plans. :)

I'm gonna have my (US) money altered to say "In Sanvean We Trust."