Time <person>

Started by Majikal, August 22, 2006, 03:43:03 PM

Watcha think?

I luv eht
10 (71.4%)
I hait eht
2 (14.3%)
Majikal should cut off his fingertips so we don't have to read anymore of his dumb posts
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: August 22, 2006, 03:43:03 PM

Was out walking my dog last night and had a little idea.. kinda odd but I could see the uses. So many times I run across a character I love rping with or someone my character needs to interact with and OOCing to ask playtimes or a way to e-mail playtimes jsut seems inappropriate in most cases. So here's the idea.

It'd work like changing your objective.

change time M-F 5-10pm cst, weekends 10-12am cst
you change your time to 'M-F 5-10pm cst, weekends 10-12am cst'

you can alter your time each week how you see fit and at any time a player could just

time bobtheassasin
Bobtheassasin: M-F all day, not playing weekends

I can see how this would be amazingly useful for templars, nobles or any leader role. Sooooooooooooo..... discuss.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

This was brougth up not too long ago, people seemed to go both ways. I honestly don't think it's neccessary, but eh, I ussually just go with the flow when playing as I don't really have any set playing times.
21sters Unite!

As being in a leadership role, I like this idea.  I think it would help immensely.   With this, I wouldn't have to check the GDB clan forum uptenth times to see if anyone just so happened to change their times, to reflect work change and whatnot.

There's been multiple times I've had to schedule RPT's, and just hope and pray that someone would show up, because they haven't been around during the times they posted that they are, on the board.

But not only do I think this would help clanwise, I think it would help non as well.  I recall more than once that my previous characters have encountered someone they enjoyed being around, and someone that I on an OOC level enjoyed RPing with.  It sucked having my character get involved with these people, and then have to guess what time I could catch them around at.  Seeing as how I'm one of those people who hate breaking OOC to ask for things unrelated to syntax, I never do it, so for me, as someone who wants to keep things IC, I would most definitely make use of the command.
After knocking back a mouthful of the contents of a full shot-glass, toking away on a rolled joint directly afterwards you say in desert-accented sirihish:
"They call me Tuber, and my son is Tuber-tot."