Account Notes

Started by moab, August 21, 2006, 09:40:42 PM

Ok, I just requested my account notes (thanks, San!) and besides wishing I hadn't (I'm such a screwball, sometimes) I had an idea:

What if, through the request tool you could look up your account notes through a link on the web  browser?

I mean, you're already logged into your account and if you could only see the notes for characters dead, it would save the staff _all_ effort in having to reply to requests as well as allow pcs to see their notes more quickly than six months.

Hrm. Maybe the six month guideline is in place to protect current plots?
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they get censored before you see them.  I know I've seen stuff in mine that I wouldn't have been told while a certain character of mine was alive.

There is stuff in there you shouldn't know. Like who killed you, account names, and so forth.
This post is a natural hand-made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and are in no way to be considered flaws or defects.

Marauder Moe is right.  We remove IC things that shouldn't be seen (such as the name and account of exactly who killed you).  With the request tool we've polished our tool that retrieves account notes, so while still not perfect, it's a lot less manually intensive than it was.  The six month between requests is to give you time to build up more feedback, any less than that and it really wouldn't matter.  Also, since it still involves a manual process, it's intended to reduce work loads.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff