Cool
18 (62.1%)
Lame
10 (34.5%)
Other - please comment
1 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: August 20, 2006, 08:08:23 PM

This was recently discovered on Mars. How about a sand/silt version on Zalanthas, in a few choice spots?
Amor Fati

Cool link.  Er, well it would need ice wouldn't it?
razy Old Man
My axe is my buddy,
We both cry with the trees,
Don't take us for a chump,
Or you'll be hoppin' on a stump.

Not only would it need ice, but it would need carbon dioxide ice (or dry ice)...which would mean Zalanthas would need to be about -78° C (or -109.3° F) for at least long enough for the CO2 to turn to ice, and then warm back up again.

However, that's not to say some other phenomenon could create a similar effect (perhaps even volcanically generated). And...who knows? Maybe they do...
Tlaloc
Legend

Quote from: "Tlaloc"Not only would it need ice, but it would need carbon dioxide ice (or dry ice)...which would mean Zalanthas would need to be about -78° C (or -109.3° F) for at least long enough for the CO2 to turn to ice, and then warm back up again.

However, that's not to say some other phenomenon could create a similar effect (perhaps even volcanically generated). And...who knows? Maybe they do...

Nothing a little artistic license couldn't overcome. ;) But your teaser is intriguing. :D
Amor Fati

Spice blows!
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

just as long as it dosent hurt....
IMMSAESL (Sorry I Made My Sig An Entire Sentence Long)

I think it would be pretty slick to have the occasional bizarre natural phenomenon occur here and there in the wilderness, especially if there was no easy explanation for it.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Can you say rukkian spell?

Muhahahahahaha!
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: "Cuusardo"I think it would be pretty slick to have the occasional bizarre natural phenomenon occur here and there in the wilderness, especially if there was no easy explanation for it.

Maybe they happen.  :twisted:
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

Quote from: "Cuusardo"I think it would be pretty slick to have the occasional bizarre natural phenomenon occur here and there in the wilderness, especially if there was no easy explanation for it.

I'd say I like this.  It gives people something to survive and wonder about.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"