Weight changes when I log in and out

Started by creeper386, August 17, 2006, 02:01:06 AM

Why, if I'm carrying some heavy stuff around, I log out, log back in later on and all the sudden I can't carry it? It's quite disturbing when I'm having troubles carrying something but still able to, and then when I log in I'm not able to any more.

Is there some issue with things changing weight? I wouldn't imagine between logging out earlier today and logging back in that the objects were changed ...

Anyone else have any problems with this? And how should I handle it?
21sters Unite!

I remember moving a piano one day. With four friends, the next day , I swear it wouldn't budge. And then two weeks later, we tried again, and it was ten times heavier, I'm sure.

Our bodies change every day, hell every hour. If I suddenly couldn't do it Icly, I'd just put it off to being sore/tired etc.

Oocly though, that doesn't sound right.. did you just have a birthday and change stats?
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

I'm 90% certain that your weight issues are caused by coins.

When you log in with a massive pile of coins in your pack, their weight is negligible until you pull them out and put them back in, whereupon they mysteriously gain their natural weight back.

If you have a very large stash of coins on your person, and you pull out the whole pile, your encumbrance can go from light to heavy very quickly.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I have seen this. I was wondering about that.
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

Hmm, no birthday, nor did I move coins about at the time ... So not really sure, I was just curious as to the things that might cause it.

Thanks guys.
21sters Unite!

I have never heard of this before, but I suggest emailing the mud to explain exactly what happened (with a log if you have one).
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House