Watering Plants?!

Started by rishenko, August 15, 2006, 10:12:25 AM

Quote from: "Halaster"You can even water the plants to make them grow faster.  A lot of plants have these scripts already in place, but there still plenty that don't.  Nusku has been adding it to plants as he goes along.

Wait.. wait... wait wait wait.. Are we working towards gardens and fields of crops (a single object, like 'a field of wheat grain' that would contain a crapload of kernel objects)?  Oooooh, are plants going to start going through different stages of growth?  Maaaan, we could start crafting our own bags of flour, plant trees, grown belshun fruit or kalan plants.  What of herbs?  Could somebody with a high enough 'gardening' skill be able to have pots with herbs in them at their apartment/house (DASARI FTW)!

What would you guys like to see as an addition/code-branch/skill that could stem from this watering start?

I smell farmer/herbologist subguild!

Being able to water things have been around for awhile, remember in one now gone clan worked in the garden and such and rp'd watering the plants with the pour command. See help pour for more info. Think at that time didn't do anything to make things grow faster, i could have been wrong.

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

Quote from: "rishenko"
Wait.. wait... wait wait wait.. Are we working towards gardens and fields of crops (a single object, like 'a field of wheat grain' that would contain a crapload of kernel objects)?

*knows something you don't know*
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Quote from: "Halaster"
Wait.. wait... wait wait wait.. Are we working towards gardens and fields of crops (a single object, like 'a field of wheat grain' that would contain a crapload of kernel objects)?

How is it that I am filled with glee and yet wanting to strangle you at the same time? :wink:  *can't wait*

Tease!
Briar

And the Nonman King cried words that sting:
"Now to me you must confess,
For death above you hovers!"
And the Emissary answered ever wary:
"We are the race of flesh,
We are the race of lovers."
     -"Ballad of the Inchoroi"

This got me to think have zalthanians invented or discovered irrigation? Would they even be able to? Be intresting idea.

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

*also knows something*
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

How is it that I am filled with glee and yet wanting to strangle you at the same time? :wink:  *can't wait*

[derail]
I think you should slay his character... no reason.
[/derail]

Sounds like the good stuff already, can't wait to see it in action.
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas